May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor- Team Free Will(FINAL PART)

Start from the beginning

"I....I should go cook this..." Cas said awkwardly as he took the squirrel with him to the mini fire he created this morning.

Sam looked at you, pursing his lips. "You know he's only trying to help right?"

You chuckled, "Well he had a weird way of showing it."

Sam slid a hand past his hair awkwardly and sat beside you. "So...how are you two?"

You squinted at him in confusion. It took you a while to finally understand what he was getting at. You squirmed in place, looking down awkwardly, "I'm not really sure. I mean he's been really protective lately. I had to literally persuade him to eat yesterday because he insisted that my well-being was his top priority. But I don't know...maybe he's only doing it for the sponsors."

Sam placed his hand on your shoulder, "I don't think so. The way Cas looks at you...it's different. Yes, maybe he's a little too over- protective but he just really cares about you."

You nodded. Maybe Sam was right. He was the wise one of the group after all. Sam started to breathe raspy breaths, almost as if he had been holding his breath. "You alright Sammy?"

He didn't seem bothered by the nickname this time, but had fear in his eyes. "Look if there is a point when we do have to choose who is going to come out alive in all this, Cas and I voted it should be you. And hopefully Dean agrees with us on this one."

You shook your head and shouted, "No way in hell do you think I'm leaving here without you guys! Look we're freaking team free will and we are going to stick together on this! I have a plan and that involves all of us leaving this place safely. So don't you ever talk like that again!"

You tried to hold in tears, feeling your eyes start to water. Sam held his hands up in surrender and Castiel looked up from roasting the squirrel. "And that goes for you too Cas," you pointed sternly at him.

~Time skip brought to you by Haymitch's bottle of wine~

Two more people died today. All three of you had been silent ever since that little rant you had the day before. Maybe because you were all exhausted. You were the one who had been the cause of one of those murders. It was a boy from District 8. Probably no older than 16.

Cas and Sam tried to tell you it wasn't your fault, that the boy would've killed you if you hadn't killed him first, but that all didn't matter. He was a kid. He had so much to live for and you just took his life. He probably had a family, a brother, or sister, and parents. But you took that all away.

You finally croaked after a long period of silence, "I'm gonna take a walk...alone."

Castiel opened his mouth to retort but Sam pulled him back. You grabbed your axe and walked out of the cave.

It was exhilarating to finally have some peace and quiet time alone. The cold breeze heightened your senses, making you susceptible to any little noise. Suddenly, you heard shouting from afar. You decided to tip toe towards the yelling and hid behind a bush, as you realized who it was.

"We are not killing them!" shouted a gruff, deep voice. You knew those piercing green eyes from anywhere. Dean.

"Why do you care? You barely even know them. And I thought we had a deal," said a more high-pitched voice. Clove. You noticed the boy from District one was there as well.

"We do...it's just..."Dean trailed off, scratching the back of his neck. A deal? You could feel your insides boiling with anger.

"It's just what? We all made a vow that we would work together until we're the last ones standing. And then we go solo from there," said the boy.

"I know that but I think we should just wait it out, you know? Sooner or later they'll probably die of starvation or somethin,"Dean sputtered. You almost scuffed in aggravation. Was he really serious?

"Oh I know exactly what's going on," Clover hissed. Before letting Dean reply, you heard the swish of a knife being slung across the air. You couldn't see who threw it or where it hit but you yelped in shock.

"Who's there?" you heard the guy from district one shout. You groaned and face palmed yourself.

"Show yourself!" Clove shouted, with a scowl. You stood up slowly, smiling coyly. Your smile started to fade as you saw who lied on the floor, bleeding away.

"Dean!" You ran for towards him, dropping your axe and ignoring the weapons that Clove and the boy from district one had pointed towards you.

Clove smirked deviously, "Wow who knew this idiot had a friend?" You clenched your fists.

You could tell Dean was trying to say something, but all that sputtered out was coughs of blood. Tears swelled up in your eyes, "Dean don't you do this to me. Don't die on me! Sammy needs you. We all need you!"

You gripped his shirt, sobbing into his chest. You pressed your hand onto the wound on his lower waist, applying pressure. "Stay with me Dean!"

"Let's just kill her," the other guy hissed, raising his spear up. Your hands were covered in Dean's blood. His eyes pleaded, for some sort of escape. You choked on your tears. You knew his fate was inevitable but you just couldn't accept it.

You heard chuckling from behind. "No leave her for now. This is hilarious," Clove scoffed.

Before you knew it, Dean's coughing stopped and his expression was blank. His eyes were still and unmoving. "No...no...no," you whispered, pulling him close.

"Can we kill her now?" the guy asked, seeming bored and annoyed.

Clove sighed, "Ugh fine. I'm tired of her constant weeping anyways. Go for it."

You stared into the guy's eyes, still holding on to Dean. You held your breath. This was it. This was the end.

He raised his spear, aiming it right towards you. With a quick throw, the spear went flying towards you. And in a quick flash, there was a light.

~Time Skip Brought to you by Sam's flawless hair~

You woke up gasping and covered in sweat. Standing in front of you, in the flesh, was Gabriel. (Let's just pretend he's alive in this story)

You looked around the room with wide eyes, and realized you were in the bunker. No woods, mountains or killer kids. Just your plain old, clearly needed to be cleaned, room.

Your heart rate slowed as you stared back at Gabriel, who had a smug grin on his face. "What the hell was that?!? Did you do that?"

He shrugged, "I am the trickster."

"I am so going to kill you. Where's the rest of the boys?" You asked, flaring with anger and vengeance.

"They're fine princess. It was all just a dream," he replied with a smile.

"More like nightmare. Don't ever do that again. That was a real dick move," you crossed your arms.

He sighed, "Gosh you're no fun. I was just playing games....or should I say Hunger Games?"

He chuckled. You wanted nothing more than to strangle him right then and there. His smile started to fade as he saw you drawing closer to him, with a scowling expression. Well, as Effie said it, "May the odds be ever in your favor Gabriel."