First Kiss-Adam Milligan

~(A/N: sorry if all my chapter themes are random as hell. If you haven't noticed by now, I'm really unorganized. But anyways for my Adam lovers, here you go! *oprah chanting in the distance* You get a free Adam! And you get one! And you!)~

Ever since Castiel somehow managed to bring Adam back on earth(in this scenario he was stuck in the cage the whole time until now), he'd been different. You'd known Adam since elementary school and had been best friends with him as you grew up. You never told him you hunted with the Winchesters until you soon found out he was their half-brother.

You did not want to drag him into the hunter life, but that douche bag archangel Michael dragged him right into the middle of it. Being in the cage for so long...made Adam different. He was much more withdrawn from you than usual and would always lock himself up in his room. Whenever you wanted to go outside, he would decline and he only left his room to eat, shower, or use the bathroom.

One day, you decided to confront him about it. You knocked lightly on his door and received, "Go away. I'm busy (Y/N)" as a response. That was it it. You'd had it with his crap. Adam was going to hang out with his best friend, whether he liked it or not. You took out a bobby pin from your hair and straightened it, using it to unlock the door. After hearing a soft click, you opened the door with swift ease.

Lying in bed with puffy red eyes was your best friend in the whole wide world, Adam Milligan. He sighed, rolling his bright eyes, "You've got to be kidding me. Didn't you hear me say go away?"

You felt as if you had just been stabbed in the heart. That comment hurt tremendously, especially coming from him. "I...I'm sorry I'll leave then," you muttered quietly and turned to open the door again to leave.

"Wait! I'm sorry (Y/N). I didn't mean it like that. Stay if you want," Adam said, patting an empty space beside him on his mattress. You smiled and turned back, plopping yourself beside him. You let his arms wrap around you, snuggling you close. Your face laid on his chest and his chin rested on your forehead.

If this were anyone else, you'd probably be blushing madly by now but you'd known Adam for so long, cuddling with him a normal to you. Plus, you knew he didn't have feelings for you so it didn't bother you.

"What's wrong Adam?" You whispered, breathing in his minty scent.

"It's...the cage (Y/N). I keep having constant nightmares about it and it's just...really traumatizing," Adam finally explained. You rubbed a hand over his chest to comfort him. You knew you couldn't have understood how horrible it was down in the cage, since you weren't there, but you remembered how scarred Sam was when he managed to escape. "I haven't slept in days and I feel like I'm going insane."

"I could sing you our song to help you sleep," you offered. You and Adam shared a similar taste in music and had one song in particular that you two loved to sing in harsh times. He nodded enthusiastically which meant a definite yes so you complied.

"Now I know,
That I can't make you stay,
But where's your heart,
But where's your...
And I know there's nothing I can say,
To change that part,
To change..." You stopped singing and glanced up once you realized Adam had already fallen fast asleep. "Well that was quick," you muttered to yourself as you heard him softly snoring.

You shrugged and sat up to go until you felt an arm pull at your sleeve. You turned to see Adam giving you a sheepish smile and he said, "Could you please stay here with me (Y/N)?"

You giggled, "Anything for you, Milligan." You liked to call by his last name sometimes, mainly because it annoyed him. You lied back down against his chest, starting to shut your eyes.

"I love you (Y/N)," you heard him faintly whisper. You quickly shot up to turn at him with wide eyes. Was he serious? "I mean it. I've been in love with you since like forever. I just wanted you to know that."

His eyelids started to lower, too tired to wait for a response until you softly pressed your lips onto his. It was sweet, short, and to the point but you were glad it was with your best friend. He was lucky he was your best friend, or you would've smacked him in the face for popping up the "L" word without any warning in advance. "Sleep tight Milligan," you smiled.