How Are You Alive?-Dean Winchester

~(Warning: This has some content about cutting and depression so if you don't feel comfortable reading about that kinda stuff, I suggest you not to read this. But if you are okay with reading this, then here ya go. You are all amazing, beautiful people and I want you all to keep on fighting, even when things get tough.)~

Dean was in hell and you haven't been the same since. You tried to contact Sam but he was on his own doing who knows what. These had been hard times for you, especially since you never really got to confess your feelings about Dean.

Today, you stayed at a motel, on another hunt. Recently, you've started to hunt
on your own. Bobby offered to go with you but you declined. You needed your time alone.

You sat on your bed, typing away on your laptop. You searched for some more lore about Greek gods because you thought it might have had something to do with your case. You enjoyed the silence for a while until you heard a knock on the door.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion and grabbed your bottle of holy water before you opened the door. Taking a deep breath, you swung open the wooden door. Standing in front of your door, was Dean Winchester, in the flesh.

You stuttered for a moment, "D-Dean? H-how are you..."

"I don't know. I just woke up in the middle of the woods and here I am," Dean shrugged, looking as surprised as you were. Before he could continue, you splashed him with holy water. He stood there, unfazed, and spat out the holy water onto the motel carpet floor. "You done? I went to Bobby's earlier."

"You can never be too sure," you took out a silver blade from your pocket. He held out his forearm and you cut it slightly. He flinched a bit but other than that, nothing paranormal.

"You believe me now?" Dean asked, looking irritated and you pulled him in for a tight hug. Tears streamed down your face in both joy and relief. "So how have you been?"

You pulled away slowly and looked to the floor. With a shrug, you answered, "Well life hasn't been easy without you. But I'm fine I guess."

You looked back at him and noticed he wasn't looking at your face anymore. He was looking at your arms. Usually you wore long sleeve shirts to hide them but since you were alone, you didn't think it mattered.

"(Y/N), did you do that to yourself?" Dean says, looking worryingly at the crimson red cuts on your arms.

You wanted to respond, but all that came out were tears. He quickly embraced you, stroking your hair as you buried your face onto his chest, sobbing.

"Why would you do that?"Dean asked, his voice sounding shaky. When he died, your whole world shattered. You had no motivation to wake up in the morning, you felt like you didn't deserve to live anymore. So you cut yourself, to remind yourself with each cut that nothing's more worse than the pain you felt when Dean died.

"I couldn't bear the thought of being without you Dean. It was hard. I couldn't live with myself. I love you," you mumbled, tasting salty tears.

He pulled back slightly, using one hand to lift up your chin, so that you two are face to face. You could see his apple green eyes were swelled with tears. "(Y/N), promise me you'll never do that again. I'm not worth you harming yourself." He paused for a moment, breathing heavily. "And I've always loved you (Y/N). It's just that I always thought you deserve better than me. And you do. You have a chance to live that apple pie live with a house and husband and kids. You could have a real family."

"I don't want that life Dean. That's a long gone opportunity. What I really want, is you," you replied. He leaned closer to you, heads touching.

"I want you too (Y/N). Just please don't harm yourself again because of me,"he whispered, gazing into your (E/C) eyes.

You leaned closer, pressing your wet lips roughly onto his. You could taste both his and your salty tears but none of it mattered. It was just you and Dean at that very moment and nothing else. This was the guy you'd been waiting for, the guy who taught you how to hunt, the guy you loved. "I promise Dean Winchester," you muttered under your breath.