The End-Chuck Shurley(Part One)

~A/N: This is set in that whole apocalypse episode in season 5 but basically it's a reader edit. It starts off with Dean but sooner or later it centers around Chuck( *coughs* aka God)~

Dean was exhausted from a sixteen hour drive so you let him sleep in the motel while you did some research. Times were rough and you had to keep on your toes.

Suddenly, your cell phone vibrated and you checked the caller ID to see it was your younger brother Sam calling. "Sam?"You asked as you answered the phone. You took a quick glance at your wrist watch, "It's like four am right now, why are you calling at this hour?"

"This is important," Sam said on the other line.

"Should I wake up Dean?"

"Yeah, I think he should hear this too," Sam said.

~Time Skip~

"(Y/N), wake up," Dean poked your shoulder nonstop.

"Dean, poke me one more time and you're going to need a new hand," you groaned as you opened your eyes. Your back ached and the ceiling looked browner than before. "What the..."

"Have any clue what the hell's going on?" Dean asked as he looked through the shattered window.

"Heck if I know," you shrugged as you stood up from your bed, which seemed to have no mattress.

"Come on," Dean waved over for you to follow him downstairs. With a sigh, you quickly combed your hair with your fingers and followed closely behind.

"This place is practically desolated," you muttered once you were outside, glancing at the deserted town. Buildings were worn down and decomposing. The sky was grey and quite unsettling.

You two walked through the cluttered alley quietly and suddenly saw a little girl drawing on the floor, next to a teddy bear. Her hair was messy and her clothes were worn out.

"Little girl? Little girl?" Dean called out with furrowed eyebrows, "Are you hurt?"

You narrowed your eyes at her in suspicion. She was a little too quiet for your liking.

"You know the not-talking thing is kind of creepy, right?" Dean laughed nervously.

Blood dripped from the girl's mouth. "Dean move back!" You shouted and the girl suddenly shrieked, coming toward Dean with a glass shard. You quickly rushed over to help, knocking the girl out as you swung a fist into her face. You bent down and checked her pulse to see if she was still alive. "Okay, she's still breathing. You alright Dean?"

"Dean?" You asked again after no response and turned around to see he was looking at graffiti on the wall. In huge letters, it said 'Croatoan'.

"Oh crap," Dean muttered under his breath and glanced to the hoard of infected people came around the corner. "Run!"

It didn't take long for your fight or flight response to occur and you quickly sprinted away with Dean, occasionally glancing back to see if they had gotten close.

Once you turned back around, you came to a quick stop as you saw a locked gate blocking your way. "Uh Dean..."you muttered, hoping he had some kind of plan.

In the spur of the moment, one of the infected were pelted by incoming bullets. You turned to see where they came from and saw a tank approaching.

"Get down!" Dean yelled and pulled you into cover as they kept shooting. You spotted another alley way and pulled your brother's arm, motioning for him to follow. He quickly complied and you ran through once no one was looking.

You two didn't stop running till you knew you were far away from being spotted by anyone or thing. Night was settling and you were starting to get tired from running. "Dean, my feet hurt," you whined.

"What do you want me to do? Not like I have the impala just hanging around as you can see," Dean rolled his eyes as he wandered through the quiet night.

"Well I have to pee," you crossed your arms.

"Can't you just hold it?"

"I've been holding it for like three hours now. That's not healthy."

"Just wait a sec- Wait, I think I see a car!" Dean whispered and walked over to a gate that was cut slightly open. You sighed and followed him through. "Hey look at this sign."

You turned to where he was looking, reading the sign aloud, "Croatoan Virus Hot Zone, No entry by order of acting regional command, August 1...2014? That can't be right. Can it?"

"It makes sense," Dean admitted, "Look, I'm going to see if I can Hotwire this car and you find somewhere to pee. Make it quick though."

"Make it quick," you mimicked mockingly and wandered off to go release your fluids.

~Time Skip~

"Rise and shine sis. Need you up and alert," Dean said as he drove. After you went into the hotwired car the night before, you had fallen asleep in the passanger's seat. You weren't sure how long you'd been asleep but it must've been a long time since the moon was already out.

"What for?" You asked, rubbing your tired eyes.

"While you were asleep, I stopped by Bobby's place and found some info on where our friends might be," Dean explained.

"Where are they?"

"Camp Chitaqua."

"Um...right," you nodded, deciding not to question the weird name. You narrowed your eyes as the car approached a camp. "Is that it?"

Dean looked down at a crinkly Polaroid in his hand, "Sure is. Let's move." You nodded and quietly got out the car, making sure not to be too loud.

"I'll take the left, you take right," you whispered as you noticed the men patrolling just inside the fence. As you tiptoed around the corner, you were abruptly stopped by a hard wall. Out of instinct, you pulled the blade out of your back pocket and held it out to the mystery person.

"Mercy, mercy!" a familiar voice begged, holding his hands up in surrender.

Starting to recognize his facial features in the dark, you slowly lowered your blade. "Chuck!" you smiled, pulling your boyfriend into a suffocating hug, "I'm so glad to see you."

There was no response and he felt stiff under the embrace. You slowly let go, narrowing your eyes at him. His eyes were wide and his mouth was gaped open.

"What's wrong?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"You're supposed to be dead."