May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor- Team Free Will(FINAL PART)

After a few long hours of hiking and hearing canons blast, signaling those who died, you and Cas stopped at a cave in one of the mountains and decided to stay there for the night.

"I grabbed some materials from the Cornucopia while you were busy watching Dean," Castiel muttered, opening a black backpack.

You turned to him with a somber expression. You spoke up to say something but he stopped you. "No don't. I understand. I was frightened by it too."

You gulped and nodded. You were certainly frightened. Seeing Dean murder someone or something wasn't new but those were usually monsters or really terrible people. These were just kids. You sighed, "Remind me again why you can't just zap us all out of here?"

"My powers don't seem to work here. I'm just another human like you in this universe," Castiel sighed.

You frowned, "Hey it's not that bad being a human."

"I guess," he muttered. He took out some crackers from the backpack, "Here. You can eat this until I find us a substantial meal."

He handed you the crackers. You stared at them and then glanced back up at him. His eyes were weary and he looked worn out. "You're not going to eat any?"

Cas shook his head. Sometimes he was just too kind and selfless. "You need to eat. If you're human now, I can't have you dying of starvation in the friggin Hunger Games," you said as you handed him half the bag of crackers and you nibbled on the other half.

You two stayed in silence for a while, munching on your snack. Suddenly, the Capitol's national anthem blared throughout the arena. You and Cas walked out of the cave and looked up at the sky. The victims from each district were shown.

You held your breath, feeling your heart race. You and Cas were really hoping that Sam or Dean didn't show up on the list of the deceased. After showing about 16 people already dead, you and Cas sighed in relief. At least Sam and Dean were safe.

~Time Skip brought to you by Rue's flowers~

"(Y/N), are you awake?" said a gruff voice. You opened your eyes to see Cas hovering just inches away from your face.

You blushed furiously with wide eyes. "Well now I am. What's up?"

He tilted his head and squinted, "The sky? Why would you ask such an obvious question?"

You shook your head and pushed him away as you stood up, "Forget it." You wiped your tired eyes and yawned.

"I went outside while you were asleep to find food for us but came across someone," he grinned. You tilted your head the jolted up in shock as a tall figure with long hair walked up beside Cas.

"Sam!" You ran up to him and gave him a tight hug. "We were so worried about you!"

"So was I? You heard how many tributes died already?" Sam asked with wide eyes.

Both you and Cas nodded grimly. You were all speechless. Maybe it's just a dream, you hoped. You wanted to just wake up already and laugh about it and realize it was all fake. But you couldn't because it was all real.

You decided to speak up, "So have you seen Dean?"

"Last time I saw him, he was with the careers," Sam replied.

Castiel shook his head, "Whoever put us in here... They want to make us go against eachother. Dean's mindset has already been fixed. That means we have to stick together more than ever."

You all nodded. Your stomach suddenly made a growling sound. You chuckled slightly, "Did you guys find any food by the way?"

Castiel grinned and pulled out a dead squirrel, dangling from a hook. You felt like you were going to vomit. Sam gave him a look with wide eyes and Cas soon realized why you looked so disgusted.