Dude Run (Part 2) - Dean Winchester

Context: After Bobby found out about your relationship with Dean, he almost killed the boy. However, over the years he's gotten over his anger and learned to accept the fact that you were going to keep seeing Dean. Now, it's Christmas Eve and you decided to spend it with the boys as well.

Word Count: 1533
Warnings: None

It felt like just yesterday Bobby was chasing Dean around the living room with a turkey baster, threatening to "shove it where the sun don't shine." You were surprised he even let Dean live that day. Looking back at it now though, you couldn't help but laugh. Dinner with the Winchesters from then on grew awkward.

He forbade you from dating Dean, even stopped agreeing to let Sam and Dean stay over his house whenever their father went on a hunt. But after all the constant sneaking around with Dean, he realized it was no use trying to keep you two apart. You were practically an inseparable pair. And there you were, almost ten years later and still in a long term relationship with the infamous Dean Winchester.

Once Dean found you, he went on an ultimate 180 and settled down. He made a promise to himself and to your father that he would never let hurt you. He, of course still had the immaturity of a perverted thirteen year old, but you couldn't expect too much from Dean.

This wasn't your first Christmas together, but it definitely was the first one in a long time with Sam. You knew how much this meant to Dean, since Sam ran off to go to Stanford not too long ago. You wanted to make this the best Christmas possible for the boys.

"Okay, I've got the turkey in the oven and the rice is basically done. Pie is ready to prepped and put in," you listed off things aloud to your father, trying to figure out what else you were missing, "Am I forgetting something else?"

"Maybe a break?" Your father laughed, "You've been at this since the crack of dawn, sweetheart."

"You don't understand. This has to be perfect," you told Bobby, "I want this to be the best Christmas ever. Not just for us, by for Dean. He's been through a lot lately."

"I'm well aware and I'm sure Dean is too. You don't have to try so hard," he coaxed, "Now give me the mittens and I'll finish off your work for you."

"Are you sure you'll be able to handle this? I know you've gotten a little better at cooking, but that doesn't mean you're still not capable of burning a thing or two," you raised a brow.

"I've seen you do this a million times. I'll be fine," he assured, "Just go to your room and get some rest. I'll call you down when the food's ready."

"Okay..." you hesitantly handed him your oven mitts. "Don't forget there's beers in the fridge."

"Got it."

~Time Skip Brought to You By the Flatbread God is Not On~

About half an hour later, the Winchester brothers arrived with gifts in hand. "Merry Christmas," Sam and Dean said at the door,with flashing smiles.

"Well if it isn't my two favorite idjits," Bobby chuckled and stepped aside, "Get in here boys."

"Where should we put these?" Sam gestured to the boxes of presents in their hands.

"You could put em' right under the Christmas tree over there," Bobby said, pointing to the tall, lit up tree that stood at the corner of the living room/library.

"Wow, you actually got a tree this year?" Dean's eyes widened in awe as he approached it. He looked around the room, surveying every decoration. The dusty desk that sat at the end of the room was gone and there was a fancy auburn dining table at the center of the room with three candles placed upon it. Christmas lights were scattered around the ceiling and "Christmas Time is Here" was playing softly on the radio. "Seems like you really got into the Christmas spirit this year."