Family Reunion- Benny Lafitte

~(A/N: This takes place at around season 8, so there will be some spoilers if you haven't seen it yet; just forewarning you. Also, this was requested by @mudface. Check out her stories if you'd like and enjoy!)~

"Do you remember what we talked about?" You asked Benny nervously as he pulled up to the driveway of your mother's home.

"Don't mention the fact that I'm a vampire or that I know you're a hunter," Benny stated, rolling his eyes as if this was the hundredth time he was being reminded of it.

Your mother, Jody Mills, wasn't a hunter, but she knew her way around the supernatural world. After meeting Bobby Singer(may he rest in peace) and the Winchesters, Jody became more aware of the things that go bump in the night and started to take more precaution. Jody took you in years ago when your parents had died and after you headed off to college, you started hunting and that was when you met Benny. You hadn't planned to tell her you were dating someone, definitely not a vampire, but after being together for over a year now, Benny insisted that he'd meet her family. So after practically a week of preparing Benny for the occasion, it was finally time.

Breathing slowly, you stood in front of the wooden auburn door. You were one knock away from Jody opening the door. This was it. Yet for some reason, you couldn't do it. Your train of thought was interrupted when Benny took your hand in his and gently squeezed it.

"It's going to be okay, darlin'. I'll be on my best behavior," he assured with a smile. It surprised you how well he cleaned up for the occasion. He was out of his usual cap and casual clothing and dressed in a white button up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, black slacks, and caramel brown loafers. You could tell he was really trying his best to impress your mother. This made you start to think that maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

"Alright, let's do this," you said and knocked lightly on the door. Shuffling could be heard from inside and after just a few seconds, the door swung open.

"You're here! It's good to see you again," Jody smiled brightly, engulfing you in a suffocating hug. You hadn't seen her since your last visit, which was about a month ago. She was dressed in a denim button up and had on khakis. Jody turned her attention to the burley vampire that stood beside you and smiled, "You must be Benny. I've heard so much about you."

"It's a pleasure to meet ya, Ms. Mills," he smiled as he shook her hand.

"Oh please," she waved off, "Call me Jody. Come right in. Dinner's almost ready. I'm just setting up the table."

Jody stepped aside, letting you both walk into the house. It smelled like warm cinnamon and French vanilla and the house looked just as it did before. "Need help setting up?" Benny asked.

"Sure, if you could set down five plates and glasses, that'd be great. (Y/N) can show you where they are," Jody said.

"Five? Who else is coming?" you asked.

"It's a surprise," Jody smiled and walked into the kitchen before you could ask more.

You sighed, "I guess I'll just show you where the stuff is. I can't believe she invited more people." You led Benny over to the large cabinet in the dining room and took out a your favorite set of plates and glasses, the ones that looked like kaleidoscopes on the rims.

"It'll be okay, I promise," Benny planted a quick peck on your cheek and took the plates from your hands to set them on the table.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. "That was quick," you muttered and handed Benny the forks and knives. "I'll get it!" you shouted and walked over to the door.

You opened the door, revealing Sam and Dean Winchester. Out of shock, you gasped and shut the door in their faces. They couldn't have been here. Of all the people your mother decided to invite, it just had to be the Winchesters. Taking a deep breath, you re-opened the door and faked a smile. "Sorry about that, hey guys."

"Hey (Y/N)," Dean furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"We brought wine," Sam held up a bottle of merlot.

"Wow, didn't peg you for wine enthusiasts," you chuckled.

"Well tonight's a special night. Can we come in?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, of course," you stepped aside, letting them in. You closed the door behind you and backed against it with crossed arms.

"So where's this guy we've been hearing so much about?" Sam asked.

"He's right in the dining room, I'll introduce you," you said as you led them to the dining room where Benny was just finishing setting up everyone's glass. Jody was still in the kitchen, luckily avoiding this tragedy. "Uh Benny. These are my friends Sam and Dean Winchester."

"Did you just-"Benny turned around with wide eyes, "Dean?"

"Benny?!?" Dean's eyes were wide in shock as well. Sam stood silent, but glanced at you with concern.

"Wait-you two know each other?" You asked, confused by what was going on.

"You're dating (Y/N)? What the hell, man? She's like a sister to me!" Dean almost shouted, completely ignoring your question because he was so vexed on yelling at Benny.

"Hey, keep it down!" you whispered hoarsely, pointing to the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Jody busted out the kitchen with oven mitts in her hands. "I heard yelling."

"Great," you mumbled sarcastically.

"(Y/N), you do know he's a vampire, right?" Sam asked calmly.

"Of course I do. I'm not an idiot," you sighed.

"Benny's a vampire? Why didn't you tell me this?" Jody looked pissed as well. She yanked off her mitts and shoved them onto the table. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently on the ground.

"Because I knew you wouldn't allow it!" you exclaimed, "Look, Benny's not a bad guy. And I have a pretty good sense of judgment."

"Apparently you don't since you'd been dating a vampire! Do you know how insane that sounds?!?" Jody yelled.

"Look Jody-"

"It's Ms. Mills."

"Ms. Mills, your daughter and I have been together for over a year now and I wouldn't do anything to hurt her. I love her," Benny gazed into your eyes from across the room. He then looked at Dean with pleading eyes, "Dean, you know me. I'm not like those other vampires."

Dean's face softened, "That's true. But, you still should have told us."

"I know and I'm sorry," you apologized.

Jody sighed, "From the looks of it, I can tell Benny really does care about you. And I haven't seen anyone make you this happy in a while."

"Does that mean you're okay with us dating?" you smiled nervously.

"Yeah. But if he lays a hand on you," she looked at Sam and Dean, "You've got two hunters and a sheriff that'll be tailing your ass."

"Of course, I understand," Benny nodded.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's eat," Jody clasped her hands with a smile.

~Time Skip~

"That ended way better than I expected," you smiled as you snuggled into Benny's chest. After the dinner, you drove back to your apartment with Benny. You both lied on the couch watching (your favorite movie).

"Told you I'd be on my best behavior," Benny smiled. His arm was wrapped around your waist as you lied on top of him.

"Thank you, Benny. I mean it," you shifted up to face him and pressed your lips softly on to his. You chuckled slightly, being tickled by his fuzzy beard.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you too, Benny."