First Kiss - Andy Gallagher

~(A/N: Hello everybody! Quick note I have is that everything in italics is supposed to be flashbacks. This was requested by @forgetfulFollower. Check out their account if you'd like. Other than that, enjoy!)~

"Have I told you how much I hate this van?" You raised a brow at the glimmering disco ball hanging at the ceiling of the car. You were sitting in the back of your best friend's van, watching him smoke a bong.

"Oh you love it," Andy chuckled before coughing up the sudden air he inhaled. He held out his bong toward you. "Sure you don't wanna hit?"

"I'm sure," you shook your head with a smile. Andy was always pretty laid-back, unlike yourself. He lived his life worry free whereas every decision you made caused you to always question the consequences. That was partially the reason why you and Andy got along so well. He was the free spirit that helped you let loose for once in your life.

"Hi," a pair of brown eyes met yours as you looked up from the booth you were wiping down.

"How can I help you?" You forged your regular fake smile to the customer, though your eyes showed  obvious disinterest. This guy didn't look like most of the customers that stopped by; his eyes were brighter and he had this sweet, innocent smile that made him look younger compared to the old, butter drunks that came to this bar.

"A beer is fine. Make that two, so you can get one for yourself," he winked.

For some reason, you felt the unreasonable urge to grab two drinks. You crouched down and grabbed two Bud Lights. Popping open both bottles, you handed him one and placed the other in between each of you.

"Thank you," the guy smiled as he took the bottle. After taking a quick swig, he noticed you were just staring blankly at the other bottle. "Why aren't you drinking?"

"Can't drink on the job," you said simply, dusting off your hands on your black apron. "Not sure why I took it out anyway..."

"One drink wouldn't hurt," he smiled up at you.

Usually, you would not drink on the job, but the bar was pretty empty and he had a point. "You're right," you couldn't help but smile too as you grabbed the other beer and took a satisfying gulp.

"My name's Andy, by the way," he said, flashing another sweet smile.

"I haven't seen you around here before, Andy," you changed the subject, deciding not to tell him your name. You were never one to wear name tags, mainly because you had trust issues and working at a bar meant dealing with many sketchy characters.

"I'm just passing by. I move around a lot," he shrugged, taking another swig. "But enough about me. Tell me about yourself."

The van was filling up with smoke and the thick smell of marijuana. You lied against the velvety side of the van, staring at Andy across. He glanced back at you with a smug grin, giggling to himself like an idiot.

"What's so funny?" You asked, pursing your lips. 

"You, silly," he cackled. "I mean, look at miss goody two shoes here, hanging out in a stuffy van with a stoner."

"I'm not a goody two shoes," you rolled your eyes. "Unlike you, I actually have to worry about getting into trouble."

Andy had a way of getting out of tight situations. You didn't learn his trick till almost a year into your friendship and it still astonished you to this day.