Like Father, Like Daughter- DW(Part 2)

"Okay, so why are these guys staying in our house?" You asked, still not understanding the situation.

"Well, as I've already explained, my partner and I are FBI agents looking for a notorious murderer who was last seen fleeing to this neighborhood. To ensure your safety, we're putting you and your mother on 24 hour watch," Sam explained the best way he could. These guys looked nothing like FBI agents and you could tell he was obviously lying through that fake smile. But if your mom seemed to trust them, then it couldn't hurt to trust them too?

"Alright, but I can still go to Chelsea's place tonight right?" You glanced back at your mother, who had been oddly quiet.

"Sorry, not today hon'. It's too dangerous with a killer on the loose," Emily have a sympathetic expression.

"She only lives a few blocks away. You're being ridiculous," you crossed your arms, glaring at her.

Emily shrugged, "I'm doing this for your own good."

You rolled your eyes and turned the other way, storming upstairs to your room. "Teenagers, am I right?" Dean laughed nervously, trying to break the ice.

~Time Skip~

"Um...Dean I got bad news," Sam said nervously as he interrupted Dean and Emily's conversation.

"What?" Dean snapped annoyingly. His brother had a knack for interrupting him at the worst moments. Sam have him a look, signaling that it was a private matter. Dean finally got the idea and walked over to where his brother was standing.

"(Y/N) is gone," Sam muttered.

Dean's eyes widened with anger and tried his best to whisper, "What do you mean she's gone?!? Weren't you watching her?"

"Well her door was locked so I assumed she was in there. But when it got to quiet, I pick-locked the doorknob and she was no where to be found," Sam explained, "She went out the window."

"Crap," Dean muttered, glancing around the room as he tried to think of an idea quick.

"What are we going to tell Emily?"

"I don't know yet. You stay here and make up an excuse so I can buy some time and save (Y/N)," Dean explained.

"As much as I'd love to do that Dean, she's gone," Sam said blankly.

"Huh?" Dean furrowed his eyebrows and turned to where Sam's eyes were drawn. Emily had disappeared from her spot. Before the brothers could say anything more, they heard the sound of a car engine rearing.

"Well I think we found Emily," Sam pointed to the outside of the window, where a grey Honda was speeding down the road.

"We gotta go now," Dean quickly grabbed his jacket and ran out, followed by Sam.

~Time Skip~

"It's gonna be okay sweetie," Emily sobbed, kissing your forehead. She then faced the assailant as she stood up bravely, "Take me instead."

The criminal's eyes turned pitch black and he grinned, "Nah, I'd rather play it fair and kill you both." Without saying anymore, he quickly plunged a blade into her abdomen, smiling as the light in her eyes faded. "You're next kiddo."

It all happened just like Sam's vision, until the Winchesters came rushing into the room. "Hey asshole!" Dean shouted, getting the demon's attention.

"Sam and Dean Winchester," the demon smiled, stepping away from you, "Came to join the party?"

"Dean, you take care of Emily and (Y/N)," Sam said, "I got this."

"You sure Sammy?" Dean asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine, hurry," Sam urged and held out the demon blade he got from Ruby many years ago.

The demon flung Sam back, pinning him against the cemented wall. "Pathetic," it laughed, stepping closer to the younger Winchester.

Dean ran over to untie you from your restraints. "Don't worry about me. Help my mom. She's bleeding out!" you begged, glancing nervously as your mom laid helplessly slumped over.

Dean nodded and rushed to Emily's aid. He sat her up against the wall, examining her wound. Emily panted in exhaustion, unable to form any words at the moment. "Just hang tight Em'. You're gonna make it," Dean assured as he took off his jacket, balled it up and pressed it against her wound.

"Ahh!" She grimaced, squeezing his arm with her nails.

Sam was already reciting an exorcism, seeming to be handling the demon pretty well on his own. You reached down your back pocket, slowly taking out the pocket-knife your mom gave you on your birthday. Guess it came in handy. Slowly but surely, you managed to cut off the bondage that restrained and bruised your wrists.

Dean was surprised to see you had escaped without his help, but his eyes were still trained on Emily. "Hey mom," you whispered all teary eyed as you crouched in front of her.

"(Y/N), I'm not going to make it," Emily finally spoke, practically spewing up clots of blood.

"Don't say that! Yes you will," you assured her, but in a way reassuring yourself as well.

"It's okay (Y/N)," Emily smiled and reached her hand over to your cheek. You held your hand close to you, taking in its last warmth. "I haven't been fully honest with you. And I think it's time."

"Time for what?" You asked with wide eyes.

"Dean," she looked over to the elder Winchester them back at you, "He's...he's your dad."

"What?!?" You and Dean both gasped. Just a few hours ago, he was a complete stranger. And now, he's apparently your father?

"Dean's a good guy. And he's going to take care of you now, but you have to trust him, promise?"

"I-I promise mom," you sobbed as you watched the life in her eyes fade away and her hand slipped from your grasp.

~The Next Day~

"So are we going to talk about this or what?" Sam asked his brother as they waited for you to come downstairs.

"What is there to talk about? I'm her dad for pete's sake," Dean told him, glancing at the house Emily had once lived in.

"I know, but are you sure you want to drag her into this life?"

"It's not like I have a choice. Her mother wanted me to take care of her. And (Y/N) has no place to go. She needs us, Sammy," Dean said.

"Yeah I guess you're right," Sam shrugged.

"So are we heading out or what?" You smiled as you approached your dad and uncle, with a duffel bag slung over your shoulder.

"You seem chipper. Are you alright kiddo?" Dean asked with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine," you waved him off, "Let's hit the road. I call shotgun, if that's okay."

"Yeah anything you want," Dean smiled back nervously, "You sure you don't want to talk or something?" He wasn't really good at the whole talking thing, but if you were anything like him, he knew you were trying to bury your feelings inside.

"I said I'm fine," you snapped and quickly got into the impala. In all honesty, you weren't fine at all. What you really wanted to do, was ball up in a corner and cry, but you knew your mother wouldn't have wanted that. She would've wanted you to stay strong. And that's exactly what you were going to do. For her and for your new family.