Can't Decide- Kevin and Castiel

~(A/N: Thank you so much for 5k reads! Seriously, you all are amazing! And thank you for those who have voted for this story and comment, I really appreciate it! Anyways, this story was requested by DC-Heart and the main character's name is Jo. Not Joanna Harville)~

"Hey Kevin. What are you still doing up?" Jo asked, furrowing her eyebrows as she sat beside Kevin. He had the demon tablet in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other. He even had a five o'clock shadow and bags under his eyes. "You look like shit."

He rolled his eyes with a smirk, "Wow thanks."

"Sorry I meant, you don't look well," Jo frowned.

"It's okay, you're right. I haven't slept in days. I've been trying to decipher this tablet but it's hard. Half of this crap is in enochian," Kevin sighed, dropping his face into his hands in exhaustion. Jo patted his back with a sympathetic smile. Kevin and Jo had always been pretty close since they'd met. The boys never really understood him since they've hunted all their lives but Jo did. Kevin had a life ahead of him, heck he was in advanced placement. And so did Jo, until she met the Winchesters. And that's what they had in common, they both experienced what it was like to live a normal life.

Kevin looked up from his hands and faced her, his brown almond eyes gazing back at her. Suddenly, he took her face in his hands, pulling her closer until they were just inches apart. He then pulled her into a soft, passionate kiss. She was shocked at first with wide eyes, but soon closed her eyes and melted into the kiss.

"Uhm," an awkward cough could be heard nearby. Jo and Kevin pulled away from the kiss. They both looked to their side to see Castiel standing awkwardly across the table.

"Oh hey Cas. Uh what's up?" Jo bit her lip. Kevin was silent, averting his eyes and moving aside to get back to work. Castiel's jaw was clenched and he seemed to be glaring at Kevin for some reason.

"Kevin called earlier. I'm sorry I came late. Was I interrupting something?" Castiel raised a brow at both Kevin and Jo.

"Oh nothing," Jo quickly responded, standing up from her seat, "I should go."

"Are you sure?" Kevin asked, looking disappointed.

Jo nodded, "Yeah I'm fine. I'm kinda tired anyways." Both Castiel and Kevin nodded quietly and Jo walked out into the hall.

~Time Skip~

"Hello Jo," Castiel smiled as he appeared out of nowhere, making Jo jump in shock, which caused her to drop all the books in her hand. He frowned, helping her pick them up, "I'm sorry."

His hand brushed lightly past hers as he handed her the books and she quickly stood up, "It's fine Cas."

"Can I ask you something Jo?" Castiel tilted his head, staring at her, almost as if observing her.

"Sure," Jo shrugged, looking away from his rather uncomfortable gaze. Her face seemed to be turning bright red as she held her books tightly.

"Do you have feelings for Kevin Tran?" he asked abruptly.

Her eyes widened, "What? Why do you ask?"

"I've just noticed the way you two look at each other," he simply stated. Jo turned away from him, not knowing how to answer. She placed her books on the nearby desk, hoping he'd forget the question. Suddenly, she felt his warm hand take hers. "I may not know how you feel about him but I know your heart beats twice as fast when you are with me."

Jo turned to face him, unable to form words to respond. She opened her mouth to speak but he cut her short, pressing his lips softly onto hers. This kiss felt different. Whereas Kevin's was sweet and passionate, this one was almost energizing and lustful. Who knew Cas was filled with such fire?

As he pulled away slowly, he looked into her eyes, waiting for some sort of response. "I've been in love with you since the day we met Jo. I'm sorry I haven't acted on it till now but seeing you kiss Kevin made me realize how difficult it was to see you with someone else."

"Cas, I..." She trailed off, unsure of what to say. Jo always thought Castiel only looked at her as a friend, nothing more. She had to admit, she clearly had feelings for Castiel. He saved her more times than she could count. He'd risk his life for her and so would she. But then there was Kevin. The chance at a normal life. To be with a guy she's grown to know and love.

"I understand, you like Kevin," Castiel nodded with a frown.

"I do Cas, but the thing is," she bit her lip, "I like you too."

"Well who do you like more?" Castiel asked.

"I don't know. That's the problem," Jo sighed. Who did she love more? Kevin? Or Cas?