The Pixel Addiction - Castiel

Prompt: You buy Cas a tablet as a gift and he gets addicted to Candy crush.
Warning(s): None, this was just a really dumb idea I thought of one night
Word Count: 957

It's been a year since you and a Castiel first started to date and wanted to make this anniversary special. After debating with Dean on what to get Castiel, you finally decided on a gift. You knew it would take a while for him to learn how to use it, but you were sure he'd end up loving it.

"Happy Anniversary, (Y/N)!" Castiel pulled you into a tight embrace. "You are going to love the gift I brought you."

"Aw Cas, you know I'd love anything you gave me, even if it's a string tied to a tennis ball," you smiled.

"That's... oddly specific," Castiel let go, "But that's not it. Unless that's what you wanted? Then you will sadly be very disappointed."

"Cas I was joking," you laughed, "So what'd you get?"

Castiel took out an envelope from his jacket. "Well Sam said you really liked this band—"

"No, don't tell me," you gasped, covering your mouth in shock.

"I purchased two front row tickets to see (Favorite Band)!" He smiled, pulling out the two tickets from the envelope.

"Oh my gosh!!! Thank you so much!" You wrapped him into your arms. "I love you so much, Cas. You're the best."

"Anything for you, (Y/N)."

As you pulled away from the hug, you nervously scratched the back of your neck. "Yikes, now my gift feels really lame in comparison," you said, speculating over whether or not to return what you got him at this point.

"Oh (Y/N), I'm sure whatever you got for me, I'm going to love," he assured.

"Well okay, just close your eyes," you said. He complied and you went to go retrieve his gift. "Okay you can open them now."

He finally opened his eyes, looking down at the gift. "What is this?" He tilted his head.

"It's a tablet," you told him, "Ugh, you probably hate it."

"No, I never said that," he held your hand and gave it a squeeze. "I love it."

"You do?"

"Of course I do," I gave you a chaste kiss on the lips before taking the gift. "I'm going to master how to utilize this technology and show you just how much I love this gift."

~Time Skip Brought to You By Sam's Failed Relationships~

"Hey Sam, have you seen Cas anywhere?" You asked. It's been three weeks since your anniversary and you haven't seen Castiel since. You thought maybe he was just attending to business in Heaven because he has been gone longer but usually he updates you at some point.

Sam shrugged, "Last I saw, he went into the dungeon."

"The dungeon?" You furrowed your eyebrows as you walked downstairs. The lights were all off, but you could see a small glowing light emitting from the center of where the demon trap was. "Cas? Cas is that you?"

Castiel looked up from his tablet's screen. "Oh hello, (Y/N)."

"Cas, how long have you been down here?"

"Hmm," he stroked his chin, "Well the day after our anniversary, Sam taught me how to download apps and then I downloaded this game called candy crush and came down here to play. So yeah I've been playing since then."

"Cas, that was three weeks ago," your face was filled with concern.

"Oh," he seemed unfazed, "Time really does fly."

"Cas, maybe it was a bad idea for me to give you a tablet."

"No!" He clutched the tablet in his arms like a mad man. "I'm on level 87! I can't stop now!"

"Cas give me the tablet!" You crossed your arms.

"Never!"

"Cas!" You lunged at him, but he disappeared before you could grab him and you fell onto the table. "Seriously?!?"

Over the next few days, you and the Winchester brothers tried to get Castiel away from the tablet so you could get rid of it. You thought you tried everything until Crowley came around.

"Crowley, what the hell are you doing here?" Dean growled, taking out his demon blade.

"Relax, (Y/N) said she needed my help," Crowley said. "So what's the plan?"

~Time Skip Brought to You By Some Flannel Company~

"Cas! We need your help!" Sam came rushing into the library, where Castiel was still on his tablet playing Candy Crush.

"Yeah yeah, there's no need to make up lies Sam," Castiel's eyes were still trained on the tablet, "You're not fooling anyone."

"Cas, he's serious. We don't know where (Y/N) is. We think Crowley took her."

"What?" Castiel finally looked up, his eyes filled with anger. "I'm going to hunt him down."

"Alright let's go! He might've taken her to hell with him," Sam suggested.

Castiel nodded, placing his hands on Sam and Dean's shoulders as he teleported them with him to hell, leaving the tablet behind. They appeared in front of Crowley's throne, where you were seated unscathed. "(Y/N)," Castiel ran up to you, placing his hands on your face, "Did he hurt you?"

"No I'm fine Cas. He didn't do anything," you assured.

"Wait," he let go, "Then why are you here?"

"It was all a ruse," Crowley said from behind everyone. "All to retrieve this."

"I knew it!" Castiel glanced back and forth between you and Crowley. "I trusted you, (Y/N)."

"I'm sorry Cas, but you were getting addicted," you said, "I'm doing this for your own good."

"Yes, I don't understand how you can get addicted to such silly things..." Crowley looked down at the tablet and opened up the candy crush app. "I mean... you're a supernatural being. How can you be so invested into these... oh I made a match. Oh lucky me, I made another one. This is quite easy."

"Oh no," you shuddered, "Not again."