Music Lesson-Gabriel(Fluff)

~A/N: hey everybody! This oneshot was requested by sofyy21 and since she was one of the winners, this one will be specific to her with the main character named Sofia. Also, check out "Supernatural Preferences" by jovieshire , "Broken Soldier" by CaptainWinchester, and "The Life of a Hunter" by vampirehunter1. These people are amazing writers and it would mean a lot if you checked them out!)~

There she was, her fingers curled over the keys of the piano as she played Symphony No.40 in g. Her long brown hair swayed forward, hiding her delicate features. She knitted her eyebrows as she focused on her sheet music, intensely drawn by the melody. What she hadn't noticed was her boyfriend standing by the doorway, who had been listening to her play the whole time. Once she hit the last note, her train of thought was obtruded by the sound of loud claps and whistles.

Sofia slowly turned around and was surprised to see Gabriel standing by the door with a huge grin on his face. "That was beautiful cupcake. You never told me you could play piano," he walked towards her, brushing his fingers over the keys as he took a seat beside her.

"I play other things too," she shrugged and he raised a brow at her with a mischievous grin. Sofia pursed her lips, "Not like that nasty. Get your head out of the gutters."

"Okay okay sorry, what other instruments?" Gabriel asked, his whiskey golden eyes glinted with curiosity.

"Flute, violin..."she told him, her eyes focusing on the glossy black and white keys.

"Why haven't you told me you were this talented babe?"Gabriel smiled, draping his arm over her shoulder.

"I didn't think you'd be into it. Plus I'm not even that good," she muttered nervously.

"Are you kidding me? You're amazing sugar! I can't even play the triangle," he chuckled.

"But you're the Trickster. You can do whatever you want," Sofia glanced up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"That's all magic, not talent," he admitted.

"How about I teach you then?"

"Wait-seriously?"

"Sure why not?" she reached her hands out to her binder of sheet music and flipped through the pages. Once she found the page she wanted, she put it up on the stand on the piano. "Let's start with the basics. You can read music, right?"

Gabriel squinted as he read the title of the song, "Hot Cross Buns. Looks pretty easy." (I swear that's like the start off song at every school XD)

"Yeah but can you read notes?" Sofia rephrased her question.

"Nope," he said abruptly.

"Well okay then," she sighed, "I guess I'll have to teach you to learn it by memory. It's not that difficult so I think you'll get it."

Gabriel nodded and waited for her first instruction. She placed her hand over his, leading him to the first key. "That's b," Sofia said.

"Like buns," he smirked.

"If that helps you remember it," she shrugged, hiding a slight smirk as well. She took his hand again and led him to the next note. This went on for a while, and surprisingly, Gabriel was focused on the lesson for once and wasn't joking about like he usually did as much.

Once he had finally finished the last note, he smiled widely, "I did it!"

"Good job Gabe," Sofia smiled.

"Mind if I try something?" Gabriel asked, practically elated.

"Go ahead," she shrugged, proud that he had been doing so well for an amateur.

But then, all the sudden, his fingers fiddled with the keys so quickly and eloquently like he had been playing piano for years. He played his own jazzy tune, catching Sofia by surprise. Just a few minutes ago, he didn't even know what a half-note was. Now he was playing his own symphony in a matter of seconds.

Once he hit the last key, Gabriel looked over at his girlfriend with a wide, cheeky grin. "What was that?" you crossed your arms."I thought you couldn't play."

"Well I may have not been 100% honest about that, but it was much more fun pretending I couldn't. You're a good teacher," Gabriel smirked.

"Oh shut up," Sofia rolled her eyes and hit the angel playfully on the shoulder.

"Oh don't be like that sugar," he chuckled and pulled her in for a short but sweet kiss, "How about you teach me another song and I pretend to be clueless again?"