Childish - Dean Winchester

~(A/N: Hello lovelies! Currently on my way to Chicago at the moment and I was inspired by an episode from season ten that I was re-watching called, "About A Boy." If you haven't seen it, this may be a bit of a spoiler alert. Basically in this one-shot, a witch turns Dean back into a 14 year old, and you're forced to babysit him while Sam goes out to find the witch. It's very loosely based off the episode, with a couple familiar quotes and a few minor plot changes.)~

The boys were off at a bar, doing who knows what while you sat at your laptop doing research. Nothing new. You were supposed to be working on your case, but your browser was open to something else. PDF files of ancient texts were opened up on your desktop, all having some correlation to the Mark of Cain.

You were at ease, with "House of the Rising Sun" playing quietly in the background, until the motel door suddenly swung open. Though you were surprised, you kept your eyes focused on your screen, listening to footsteps go by you. "Uh...(Y/N), we've got a problem," you heard Sam mutter as he stood by the door with wide eyes.

"What did you guys get into now?" you closed your laptop, clearly unimpressed since them getting into trouble wasn't new to you.

Sam closed the door behind him, and his eyes darted to the figure who just got out the bathroom. You turned around and gasped, almost dropping your laptop at the sight. A teenage boy in a yellow hoodie stood by the bathroom door, staring back at you with a slight smile. "Who's the kid?"

"It's me, babe," the teenage boy said gruffly, reaching under the bed for Dean's black duffel bag. He had the same green eyes Dean did, and his similar stature.

"Babe?" you scoffed, looking back at Sam who seemed as shocked as you were, "Am I missing something?"

"No time to explain, but I've got this under control, " the kid answered. His focus was aimed toward the contents of his bag, rather than your conversation. He took out a gun, unloading it, then loading and cocking the gun. He even acted like Dean. It must have been him, but how? "Some scar-face looking dude, bright light. Next thing I know, I wake up looking like Bieber."

You furrowed your eyebrows, still not comprehending. "Scar-face? Bright light? What's going on?"

"I'll tell you later," Dean shoved the gun in his waistband, "Hey, we got any grenades?"

"What?" Sam was obviously not focused on the same thing Dean was. Dean tried walking past, when Sam stopped him short. "Wait--Wait. Wait a second, talk to us."

"Really? Now? Times running out and I'm pretty sure that witch's got a bunch of other kids locked up. Sorry if I'm not in a chatty mood. Look, you wanted me back in the game. I'm back in the damn game."

"You're not at the right state to go out and handle this. You should stay here with (Y/N) and I'll go save those other kids you're talking about," Sam told him.

"Sam, you can't go alone," you spoke up, knowing it would be a bad idea.

"I'll be fine. And we need someone to stay behind and make sure Dean doesn't go off and get himself killed," the younger Winchester assured as he grabbed his jacket and Dean's car keys. "I'll be back soon, I promise."

As soon as the door shut, Dean peeked out the window, waiting for Sam to exit the parking lot. As much as you wanted to go help Sam, you knew he was right. Letting Dean come along would be putting him in danger. And if you left him alone, he would just run off to where you guys were.

"Alright, let's head out," Dean said.

"Sorry," you swiftly snatched Dean's gun away from him before he could even reach back for it. "No can do, kiddo."

"Oh come on, (Y/N). Not you too," he whined, rolling his eyes. "You and I both know Sam's gonna get himself killed."

"Sam's hunted on his own before. I have faith in him." As the words came out, you felt more and more doubt. "Look...Dean, you can't go off fighting witches right now. You're a teenager!"

"Yeah, a teenager with the brain of a thirty-six year old!" he shouted in frustration. You shrugged in response, still unconvinced. With a sigh, Dean tried asking nicely, "Could you please give me my gun back so I can go gank this witch?"

"Can't," you shook your head, keeping the gun far from his reach. He sat down beside you at the edge of the bed, flashing a flirtatious grin.

"Come on, babe. Just hand me the gun," he leaned closer toward your face, way past your comfort zone.

You quickly shoved him away, but not hard enough to hurt him. "Ew dude, you're like twelve. That's just weird," you cringed. It was just all too weird to see your boyfriend as a kid now.

"Actually I think I'm like fourteen," he muttered in defense.

"That doesn't make it any better!" you snapped. "You're not getting the gun, and that's final."

"You're not the boss of me," Dean said bitterly, crossing his arms. You were about to yell at him for acting so immature, when you remembered again that he was now an immature teenager.

"Well I am until Sam finds a way to turn you back into an adult. So for now, you better just suck it up and be patient," you told him sternly, feeling like a parent. None of this seemed normal to you.

"Sam doesn't know what he's up against. For all we know, he could be walking right into a trap," he explained, "All I'm saying is, we should go help him out. Just because I'm a kid now, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing."