Nightmares- Sam Winchester

Ever since you came back from hell, you've had constant night terrors every night. Usually they were about the same thing: being tortured by demons. It was an endless endeavor. Even though you left the place, it still lingered through your head and tortured you internally this time.

However, tonight was different. Sam decided to take you along with him for a hunt since Dean had been ignoring him lately. You and Sam had always been best friends, nothing more. It's not like you never thought about it, none of you just never took action. You just didn't want to ruin the bond you already had with the Winchester, since his relationships never seemed to end on a good note.

As you lied in bed, the nightmares came back again. This time you were chained up to a wall, bleeding as your skin was singed with fire. Alastair was there...holding a bloody butcher knife in his hand and smiling deviously. "Now which finger should I cut off this time?" he asked with a devilish grin.

His eyes were like a bottomless, empty pit that bore into yours like an eternal branding. "Leave me alone!" you yelled, trying to escape your restraints.

"I guess we'll take them all!" he laughed maniacally.

You hadn't realized you had been talking in your sleep when, suddenly, you felt a pair of warm hands shaking you awake. "(Y/N)! Wake up! Are you okay?"

Your eyes shot open and you sat up quickly. Panting heavily, you could feel sweat dripping down your face and your heart practically pounding out of your chest. Your vision began to clear and you soon realized you were back in the motel. "Sam," you gasped.

Sam sighed in relief, "Sorry I saw you stirring around and screaming in your sleep. Was it a nightmare?"

You nodded, not daring to look him in the eyes. Sam lifted up your chin with one hand, gazing at you with his eyes that always seemed to change color. "Was it about hell?"

You nodded again. "Can we not talk about it? I don't think I'm ready yet," you mumbled quietly. Sam looked at you worryingly but complied.

He stood up to go back to his bed, but you grabbed his wrist, tugging at him. "Sam, could you...sleep here with me?"

Sam nodded reassuringly, "Sure (Y/N)." You opened the blanket to give him space to crawl in and covered him once he lied next to you. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and you nuzzled your face into his chest, breathing in his scent. He smelt like cheap motel soap and pine, but it was comforting. You were used to the smell.

After a long silence, Sam whispered, "Look (Y/N) if you do ever feel like talking about what happened in hell, don't be afraid to talk to me. I know what you're going through. When I got out of Lucifer's cage and got my soul back, I had constant nightmares. I just want you to know that you're not alone."

You slowly drift to sleep, starting to give thought to what he was saying. Sam deserved the truth. And you were going to tell him soon. "Thank you Sam," you whispered.

"You're welcome (Y/N)," Sam replied and pressed his lips softly onto the top of your head. And with that, you slept peacefully that night.