Like Father, Like Daughter-DW(Part Three)

~Years Later~

Ever since your mother's death, you begged for Sam and Dean to take you along with them on hunts. But of course, the brothers strictly disagreed, saying something along the lines of, "the hunter life ain't for you" and "it's better you get your education and live the life we've always wanted." Obviously, you had no clue what they meant, but whenever you asked them why, they just told you, "you'll understand once you're older."

So overall, your life was mostly hunter-free and you regularly attended a high school in a town nearby the bunker. Sometimes you were left home alone while Sam and Dean were on hunts, but you didn't mind. You even made a couple friends. Of course, you couldn't invite them over, since the bunker was top secret, but that didn't stop you from being a normal teenager. That was, until you graduated high school and turned eighteen.

"Oh common, I'm a grown adult!" you shouted at your dad, who seemed to exhausted to even hear it.

"I don't care. As long as you're my kid, I'm not letting you become a screw-up like me. You're not hunting and that's final," Dean said briskly and flipped through his 'Busty Asian Beauties' magazine.

"Ugh!" you yelled in frustration and stormed off, knowing there was no point in talking to a brick wall.

"Did you really have to be that hard on her Dean? She just wants to help us out," Sam said, glancing at where you ran off to.

Dean shrugged, not looking up from the magazine, "I'm only doing this to keep her safe. She'll understand soon enough."

"Look, I'm not saying I disagree or anything. But I think we should just give her a shot. Who knows? Maybe if she sees what hunting is really like, she'll be too scared to want to hunt ever again," Sam suggested.

Dean's eyes slowly rose up from his magazine and met his younger brother's. "That's actually not a bad idea Sammy."

"Wait, seriously?" Sam was surprised he would even agree.

~Time Skip~

"Thank you so much dad! I promise, you won't regret this. I've got everything prepared. I even did some extra research about the case," you said excitingly, focused on your laptop, while Dean drove. This was your moment to prove your family that you were capable of being a hunter.

"Oh really?" Dean glanced at you through the rear view mirror, seeming amused. He had it set in his mind that you wouldn't last one day of hunting.

"Yeah, you know how all these people who have gone missing were farmers?"

"Yeah, what's your point?" your father asked.

"Well, you remember the great depression in the 40's, right?"

"Yeah, who doesn't?" Sam nodded, unsure at what you were getting at.

"Well it says that surprisingly, this town was managing itself well and prospered economically," you said as you read an old article online about the town you were headed to: Linesdale, Montana.

"Alright, that's interesting and all, but what's that got to do with missing farmers?"

You sighed, surprised these two numskulls didn't get it. "Okay, I'll explain this in the easiest way possible. Don't you think it's weird that during a time of vast economic depression, this town was practically booming? And the weird thing is, these strange disappearances didn't really start till then."

"Oh I get it now," Dean nodded slowly.

"Do you really?" you asked.

"No," Dean admitted, chuckling nervously.

"I think I do. Maybe one of the farmers made some kind of deal to keep the town rich," Sam said.

"Exactly!" you smiled, glad that someone understood you.

"So you think some oldie made a deal with a demon?" Dean asked.

"Not exactly. Because the deal wouldn't have lasted this long. I say it's a fairy," you inferred.

"A fairy? Well now you're talking crazy."

"Just hear me out," you said, "Fairies can make deals like demons can and they kill the first-born sons of an area. And I know it doesn't say they're dead, but they're missing which is pretty much the same thing."

"She's got a point Dean," your uncle agreed.

"Well, I've got no reason to disagree. Good job (Y/N)," Dean smiled and drove on.

~Time Skip~

"Maybe this was a bad idea. I mean like, she doesn't seem terrified at all," Dean said to Sam as they walked out of the morgue. You had opted out in going to see dead bodies(no thx), and told them you would stay at the local motel and do some more research.

"That's cause she knows what she's doing Dean. That's what she's been trying to tell you for a while now. And now's her chance to prove it," Sam said, taking off his tie.

"I guess," Dean sighed and got into the driver's seat of the impala, "I mean, she's a natural at hunting. And that's what scares me Sammy. I don't want her ending up like us."

"Yeah, I figured. But (Y/N) is an adult now and you have to let her make her own decisions, even if you disagree with them," Sam said as he sat shotgun.

"Is that how you felt when you went off to Stanford?"

"Yeah, but, that was years ago. I moved past it," the younger Winchester spoke, glancing out the window as the car engine revved.

The two sat in silence for a a few minutes, unsure of what to say next. "Uh," Dean spoke awkwardly, "You mind calling (Y/N) and telling her we're heading back to the motel?"

"I'll call her right now," Sam nodded and pulled out his cellphone as he dialed your number. The phone rung for a few seconds then went straight to voicemail. "Strange."

"What happened?"

"Went straight to voicemail," Sam answered.

"Use the tracking app I installed on her phone," Dean muttered, still focusing on the road.

"Seriously Dean, you have that little trust for your own daughter?"

"I trust her. I'm just saying, we're on a hunt and she could've been kidnapped her something. So use the damn app," Dean ordered.

"Okay okay," Sam went through the app and tried to track your coordinates, "Uh...you're not gonna like this."

The light turned to red and the impala came to a stop. Dean turned to his brother, who had been timidly avoiding is gaze,"What?"

"She's at a local bar."

"A bar? Who does she think she is?!?"