Avant Garde- Balthazar

~(The picture above is the actual painting of "Starry Night" by Vincent Van Gogh that I took a pic of at the Moma. So I guess it sorta matches with the theme of the this one-shot? Sorry if this one is kind of short, I've been having terrible writer's block lately. Anyways, this was requested by Desirde and I hope you all enjoy it :D )~

You never shared your drawings with ANYONE. Not your friends, family, not even your own boyfriend, Balthazar. To him, the most you could draw was a stick figure.

Art had always been a passion of yours, but your deepest fear was criticism. Or even worse, rejection. It was difficult to build up the confidence in showing your work. Constant second thoughts always popped up in your mind like, What will he say? or What if he thinks it's bad?

All these moments of hesitation restricted you from showing Balthazar your art until the day he found your sketch book. Apparently, you didn't hide it too well that day and he came across it, astonished by all your incredible drawings.

"Wow (Y/N), I didn't know you could draw so well," Balthazar walked into the garden that you had been sitting at, flipping through the pages of your book.

"Where'd you get that?!?" You snapped, almost flustered.

"It was hidden under your pillow. You know, for someone who's dating a thief, you're not that good at smuggling objects," Balthazar noted, sitting across from you on the ground.

"Whatever, give it back," you tried to snatch it away from him and failed, almost falling face flat on the wet grass.

"Why don't you want me to see these? It's amazing," he smiled.

"No, they're terrible. You don't have to lie," you frowned.

"Are you insane? You have an incredible talent! You should be showing these to the world," Balthazar exclaimed.

"You really think so?" You asked.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't. How come you've never told me you could draw so well?" Balthazar asked.

"I didn't think you'd like my drawings," you shrugged, fumbling with your fingers as you stared down at them.

He gently places his thumb under your chin, guiding your face so you could stare into his bright blue eyes. "(Y/N), you're the most talented, creative person I know. You could never disappoint me."

"Thanks Balth. Even though I really hate you for stealing my book, this kind of amends things a bit," you chuckled slightly.

He grinned and leaned down, pressing his lips into yours. You smiled into the kiss, feeling yourself melt away. The angel pulled away abruptly, leaving you dazed. "Now draw me like one of your French girls," he smirked.

You couldn't help but laugh at his corny movie reference, "I thought you hated Titanic."

"No, I said I hated that dreadful Celine Dion song. But the movie was terrible too," Balthazar admitted, shaking his head in disdain, "Anyways, is that a yes on the drawing?"

"Well sure, if you want..."you shrugged, flattered that he actually wanted you to sketch him.

~Time Skip~

"Just need to add this and..." You fixed a sketch mark, brushing up on the last of your sketch with a pencil, "And...done."

Balthazar sighed in relief, tired from the position he had been sitting in for so long. He quickly hopped off his stool and appeared behind you, looking over your shoulder.

"So, what do you think?" You asked, and bit your lip nervously as you waited for an answer.

"It's beautiful," he smiled and pecked your cheek, "A masterpiece. I love how you added the glass of wine in it too. Perfect touch."

"Seemed fitting," you chuckled slightly, "I'm glad you like it. I wasn't so sure at first about even telling you I drew."

"Well then it's a good thing I stumbled upon your sketch book to begin with," Balthazar smiled and wrapped you in a tight embrace.