May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor(Part 2)-Team Free Will

It was now Castiel's turn for his interview and you and Haymitch watched him on a screen backstage.
Castiel had a classy black and white suit and tie on.

You were kind of nervous for him, considering that Cas's "people skills" aren't that well. You crossed your fingers and looked up at the screen.

"Well hello Castiel. It's nice to meet you," Caesar flashed a smile showing his pearly whites.

Castiel nodded, almost in an unsure way, "Uh yes. It is quite 'nice'".

You face palmed yourself and muttered, "Seriously Cas..."

Caesar chuckled and continued, "So what's your game plan Castiel?"

Castiel squinted and tilted his head, "I don't understand that reference."

The crowd roared in laughter. They probably thought Castiel was pretending to be this naive but he really was genuinely confused.

"What do you plan on doing to survive?" Caesar asked.

Castiel was silent for a moment, contemplating his thoughts. Finally, he looked up at Caesar with a serious expression, "My plan to keep the one person I love safe in the games."

You grinned at his comment, guessing he'd probably say Dean because honesty, you shipped them so hard. However, Castiel still hadn't understood the concept of "shipping."

Caesar's eyes widened and his mouth parted a bit in surprise, "It's someone in the games? Who's the lucky gal or guy?"

Without hesitation, Castiel sputtered, "(Y/N)."

Haymitch literally snorted out the wine he'd been drinking at that very moment. You blinked a few times, trying to figure out if maybe you heard wrong.

"Haymitch did you tell him to do this to get us more sponsors or something?" You asked, with a raised brow.

"Princess I'm as shocked as you are," Haymitch responded with sass.

You started to fidget with your hands and you bit your lip. Could it be true? Was he really in love with you? Yes, you have known him for a couple years now and he's always been the kindest to you, even when he had an argument with the Winchesters.

The thought of the angel made you blush a bright tomato red. Just imagining his bright blue crystal eyes made you smile. You shook your head.

"I need to focus. In a few hours, I'm going to be fighting to the death with a bunch of kids," you mumbled to yourself.

You were so deep in thought that you hadn't noticed Castiel had finished his interview. He walked back stage with a slight smile upon his lips.

You looked up at him, not really sure what to say. He stared at you for a while, as if concentrating onto your thoughts.

"Yes, that was all true what I said out there (Y/N)," he broke the silence and caressed your cheek.

You were surprised at first that he knew what you were thinking, but then remembered he could read minds. "I...um..." you tried to respond but no words could come out.

He put a finger to your lips to shush you. "It's okay. You may not feel the same way but I promise that I will keep you safe out there in the arena, no matter what."

~Time Skip Brought to You by Finnick's Majestic Trident~

You slipped into the uniform that was given, a black t-shirt with dark green camo pants and black combat boots. After combing over your hair, you sighed, "This is it."

"You'll be fine (Y/N)," said a deep voice from behind you. You turned around to see Cinna with a sympathetic smile on his face, leaning against the wall.

You rushed towards him and he pulled you in for a tight hug. The two of you stayed in silence for a while, enjoying each other's company. Tears drizzled slowly down your face. You whispered, "I'm scared Cinna."

He wrapped his arms around you tightly, " It will be fine. Just remember this: Don't let the games change who you are. It's your time to change the games."

You pulled back slightly smiling and Cinna wiped a tear from your cheek. He opened his mouth to say something else but the signal to enter the transfer tubes had been sent.

You nodded off to Cinna and walked into the tube. The tube door closed and you could feel the hot perspiring air inside the tight tube. Quickly, the tube shot up and brought you onto the arena.

You looked around, taking mental notes on the environment. The air was frigid and very windy. There were many trees but they were all pretty tall, thin, and not very easy to hide within. From afar, you could see a few mountains. Looked sort of similar to the forests in Canada.

You took a deep breathe as the countdown began.

10

You turned to Castiel who was across from you. He looked back at you and nodded, as if confirming something. Did he have a plan that you didn't know about?

9

You then turned to Dean, who looked like he was ready to jump off that podium at any moment. You frowned, knowing he might end up teaming with the careers.

6

The countdown seemed to be going down faster. You searched for Sam who seemed to be in his own thoughts. Probably devising a plan to escape without any casualties.

4

Your heart beat was thumping rapidly. This was it. This was really happening. A battle to the death.

3

You remembered what Cinna told you and mumbled to yourself, "Don't let the games change you. It's your time to change the games."

1

And with that, everyone sprinted towards the cornucopia. It was piled with weapons and supplies, but you hesitated to go towards it. Minute by minute, you saw kids get slaughtered. Some got stabbed, shot with arrows, cut with spears, and worse. It was a massacre.

And the worse part, was that you saw Dean taking part in all of it. You froze in shock. You watched as Dean plunged a dagger into some girl's skull, who probably looked no older than 13. He even...smiled. It was like you could see the fire in his eyes. Even the mark of Cain on his forearm, was glowing vigorously.

Before you could respond, an ninja star was flung past you. You felt a sharp sting in your ear. As you touched it, you felt a warm liquid on your finger.

Your eyes widened in shock as you ran for cover. Suddenly, a hand took hold of your wrist and pulled you back. You tried to fight back the stranger but stopped when you realized it was just Cas.

"Cas?" Your eyes widened with hope.

"Run!" He shouted as he pulled you along side with him. You both ran deep into the forest, never looking back.