"Here, give her to me." I said as the door opened.

"Hello, I'm Jasmine, your lactation consultant. It sounds like someone's hungry." A woman smirked as she walked into the room.

"I'm going to go home and get my parents." Andy said, kissing my cheek and leaving the room.

Andy's POV

I texted my parents that I was outside. I slumped in my seat and let out a groan.

"What's wrong Andy?" My mom asked as they got in the car.

"I'm a horrible father."

"Andy, you've been a father for a day." My dad laughed.

"Eliza got released from the NICU so I was holding her and she started crying and I just panicked. I-I just didn't know what to do."

"Andy honey, you're a new father. It's normal to not know what to do. You'll learn. You and ShyAnne will help each other and raise two beautiful, healthy babies."

"You're right." I sighed, sitting back up in my seat. I started driving and we eventually made it to the hospital. I walked them in and back to ShyAnne's room.

"Can we come in?" I asked, peaking my head in.

"Yes." She smiled, Eliza resting on her bare chest, her gown just shy of exposing her breasts.

"Oh my god." My mom gasped.

"Do you want to hold her?" ShyAnne asked and my mom nodded. I walked over to ShyAnne and grabbed Eliza as ShyAnne re-adjusted her gown. I walked over to my mom and handed the small bundle over to her.

"Meet your granddaughter, Eliza Christina Biersack." I smiled.

"Oh my goodness, she's beautiful." My mom smiled, holding her close. After a while, my mom handed Eliza to my dad who had the biggest smile on his face that I've ever seen.

"I can't believe we're grandparents." He said, disbelief in his voice.

"Do you think you guys could watch her while we go see Elijah?" I asked.

"Of course sweetheart." My mom said.

"Shy, get the nurse." I said and she nodded, pressing her call button. Shortly after, a nurse walked in.

"Hello." She smiled, walking in.

"Can you get me a wheelchair? I want to go see my son." ShyAnne said.

"Sure thing, I would like to remove your catheter before we move you." She said and left the room.

"Mom, dad, why don't we step out for a minute?" I suggested and they nodded. My mom put Eliza back in her bassinet and I gave ShyAnne a kiss before walking out into the hall with my parents. We waited out there until ShyAnne was wheeled out in a wheelchair. My parents went back into the room to be with Eliza while I followed ShyAnne and her nurse to the NICU. We put all of our gear on again and went inside, going straight over to Elijah's bassinet.  I sighed and reached through the hole in his bassinet and stroked his tiny arm. 

"Eli baby, you need to get better so you can come home." ShyAnne said quietly, her voice breaking. "Your sister misses you."

"You're so strong son, I love you so much." We sat with him a little bit longer before leaving. The nurse took ShyAnne back to her room and helped her into her bed.

"Are my parents here?" ShyAnne asked.

"I'll go check, want me to bring them back?" I asked and she nodded. I went out to the waiting room and saw her parents sitting down.

"Hey." I said with a smile, walking up to them.

"Hi Andy." They smiled.

"You ready to meet your granddaughter?" I asked them.

"Of course!" Her mom exclaimed. They stood up and followed me to ShyAnne's room. We walked in and ShyAnne smiled at us.

"ShyAnne!" Her mom smiled. "How are you feeling sweetheart?" She asked, walking over to her daughter.

"I'm better, I can actually go use the bathroom now. With assistance, but I can move." She laughed.

"Here she is." I announced, picking Eliza up and handing her to ShyAnne's mom.

"She is so unbelievably beautiful, looks just like ShyAnne as a baby." Her mom smiled.

"You think so?" ShyAnne asked.

"Most definitely." Her dad said, looking over his wife's shoulder.

"Did you go see Elijah today?" Her mom asked as she passed Eliza to ShyAnne's dad.

"We actually just got back from seeing him. No change, which is both good and bad." ShyAnne shrugged. "We got to talk to his doctor today, he said once they start weaning him off the vent, it'll take three days plus an extra day to make sure he can breathe on his own, so it'll be a while before he comes home unfortunately. I have no clue what we're going to do when I'm released."

"We'll figure that out when that comes." I said.

"We'll help you out with whatever you need." My parents spoke up.

"Us as well." ShyAnne's mom smiled.

"Thank you, all four of you." ShyAnne smiled. Soon, ShyAnne's parents left and I took my parents back home. I went back to the hospital and to ShyAnne's room. She was laying with Eliza on her chest again.

"Skin to skin bonding." She explained.

"Why don't you try?"

"Huh?"

"Take Eliza, sit down, and take off your shirt. It strengthens your bond with her."

"Okay." I said, grabbing Eliza and placing her in her bassinet. I sat down and took off my shirt, picking Eliza back up and placing her on my chest. I felt an instant calm wash over me, hearing her small breathing noises as she slept on my chest.

"You know, I can get used to this whole parent thing." I smiled at ShyAnne.

"It looks good on you." She smiled.

*******************************************************************************

Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!