Chapter 124: Reducing

ShyAnne's POV

*One Week Later*

"So, I think we need to put the twins in daycare while you're at work until they start pre-school in the fall." I said, sitting down next to Andy on the couch.

"Why?"

"Well, while you were passed out, the doctor said I need to stay off my feet. If the kids are at daycare while you're at the studio, I can be on bed rest. I want to take every pre-caution so that we can have three healthy babies in October."

"Whatever you think is best babe. Anything for these babies." He smiled, rubbing my bump.

"You're such a good father." I said, kissing his cheek. "Alright, we need to drop the twins off at Jinxx and Alice's so we can make it to my appointment."

"Okay." He said, turning off the TV and getting up. We got the twins ready and strapped into the car. We drove to Jinxx and Alice's and Andy took them up to the door. Since the pregnancy is even more high risk than we thought, we aren't telling anyone until the fourth month at the very least. I want to try to push it as long as possible though. We got to my doctor's office and waited until my name was called.

"ShyAnne Biersack." The nurse called. My weight and blood pressure was taken and I was taken to an exam room. I took off my pants and climbed onto the exam table, Andy sitting in the chair next to me.

"Hello." My doctor smiled, walking into the room. 

"Hello." Andy and I said as she washed her hands and put on gloves. She came over to me and turned on the ultrasound machine, picking up the transducer and putting in place.

"And there are your three healthy babies." She smiled, pointing out the three babies. She flipped a switch and the heartbeats sounded throughout the room. My heart fluttered, heartbeats of my babies will never not make me happy. "How are you feeling?" She asked me, removing the transducer and turning off the machine.

"I'm okay. If it's anything like my pregnancy with the twins, the symptoms should be hitting me like a truck here soon."

"Well, if any symptoms get too much for you, let me know and I'll see how I can help. Now, I have to talk about something that's a little difficult but it's important you know all of your options. Often, when we see patients who are pregnant with three or more, we recommend the option of reducing."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Because multiples of three or more can be very risky, we recommend reducing. In your case, we would reduce one of your fetuses to increase the likelihood of survival for the other two. In your case, I highly recommend it since you are already high risk."

"Wait, are you recommending that I kill one of my babies." I asked in shock.

"ShyAnne, it's just a recommendation. We are not killing anything."

"There's no way I'm "reducing" any of my children! It was so difficult for us to get pregnant in the first place, why would we want to kill our children?"

"ShyAnne, it's not a bad idea." Andy spoke up.

"Andy, don't even." I said through gritted teeth. He held up his hands in defense and leaned back in the chair and let out a sigh.

"Look ShyAnne, it's just an option. If you decide to go through with the procedure, it will need to be done in the first trimester. If you want anymore information on the concept or the procedure, call the nurse and she will email you whatever you need to know. I am sorry to have upset you. I will see you next week." She said, handing me the ultrasound picture and leaving the room. I angrily got off the table and redressed.

"I'm going to pull the car around." Andy said, walking out of the building as I stopped at the front desk to make my next appointment. I made my appointment and went out to the car. I crossed my arms over my chest as Andy drove to Jinxx and Alice's. We sat in an uncomfortable silence the whole time. Andy got the kids from their house and strapped them into their car seats. We got home and walked up to the door.

"I'll take the kids upstairs. You sit on the couch. We are discussing this now." He said, leading the kids upstairs. I sat on the couch, playing with a loose thread on the arm. A minute later, Andy came downstairs and sat on the other couch.

"What on Earth is there to talk about?" I asked.

"Why won't you even consider this procedure."

"Andy, we would be murdering one of our children!"

"For God sakes ShyAnne! Stop being so fucking dramatic! It's a routine procedure that would make our lives so much less stressful! We've been stressed out about these triplets surviving, and we've been stressed out about having five kids! When these babies are born, there's such a high chance that they will be so much sicker than Elijah was and might not even survive. This procedure gives two babies a better chance of survival."

"Why the fuck are you so hell bent on having this procedure?"

"ShyAnne, fucking listen to me! All I want is you to simply fucking consider it! Sit down and think it over for a day before making a decision as big as this. All you can see is the cons, look at the damn pros! I haven't even made a decision yet, because I am still considering it. This is a huge decision and it needs more than five damn seconds given to it!"

"Woah, why do you even get a say?"

"Because they're my fucking children too!"

"I'm carrying the babies and I will be delivering the babies. I think I get more of a say than you do."

"I can't even argue about this anymore. We'll pick this discussion back up tomorrow, after you've had 24 hours to think about it." Andy said, stomping up stairs. I let out a loud groan and threw my head back.

"Why?" I sighed, rubbing my stomach.

**************************************************************************

Should they have the procedure done?

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought!