Chapter 64: House Hunting

ShyAnne's POV

*Two Weeks Later*

I agreed to looking at houses with Andy and he was overjoyed. He got in contact with a realtor who was finding houses for us to look at. We've spent the last week looking at houses but nothing we've seen has felt right. We had three houses lined up to look at today and I was hoping we'd be able to make an offer today. I was just tired of looking and wanted this part of the process to be over with.

 I got out of the car and was immediately underwhelmed. It was a white, one story house with light brown roofing. There was a beige garage on the front of the house with a driveway leading up to it. It had a covered porch, the door tucked away between one wall of the house and the garage. It had two big windows in the front with shutters on the outside. The realtor walked in with us and we walked around, looking at the different rooms. Andy and I had said we wanted either a 4 or 5 bedroom house. This one had four, along with a kitchen/dining area, a living room, and 3 bathrooms. 

When you walked in the front door, a long hallway led to the living room

When you walked in the front door, a long hallway led to the living room. The island in the middle of the kitchen was the only thing separating it from the living room. When you entered the house, to the left was a hallway that led to three of the bedrooms and a bathroom. Further down the main hallway led to the laundry room on the left, the mud room on the right that led into the garage, and the second bathroom. There was a door off the living room to the right which led to the master bedroom.

We walked out of the house and the realtor turned to face us.

"So, what'd you think?" She asked.

"I'm not a fan." I shook my head. "I've always imagined myself in a two story, I don't like how hidden the door is." I listed.

"Yeah, it's not my favorite either." Andy agreed.

"Alright then, off to the next one." She smiled, heading to her car. Andy and I got in ours and drove to the next house. This one was a two story which was already a good start.

It had dark brown siding with a garage to match, once again at the front of the house with a connected driveway. The house also was made of a dark stone. There was a big window above the garage and a smaller window further back and it just looked so out of place. Another big window was down next to the front door on the porch. The house had a large porch with a railing along the edge. Once again, the door was kind of tucked away between the side of the house and the garage, but it looked better than the last house. This one had four bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms.

We walked in and immediately to your left was the living room which is where the window on the bottom level was from

We walked in and immediately to your left was the living room which is where the window on the bottom level was from. A little bit further was the kitchen and dining room. To the right of the front door was the half bath. Right before that was the stairs. All four bedrooms and the other two bedrooms were upstairs. We walked out and the realtor turned to us again.

"God, I'm being so picky, but I really hate that window in the upper right corner." I complained.

"No, be picky ShyAnne, you guys are buying a house, you're allowed to be as picky as you want." The realtor said.

"I didn't like the house either babe, come on, we've got one more left." Andy said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. We got in the car and drove to go see the final house. A smile spread across my face as soon as I saw it.

It was a light grey two story house with red brick around the edge of the house. The garage was white, once again attached to the house, leading to a driveway. There was one big window on the bottom floor and three on the top, the top three had gray shutters. There was once again a covered porch, but the door didn't feel squeezed in that space. It felt more open and inviting. This one was five bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms.

As soon as you walked in, immediately to the left was the master bedroom

As soon as you walked in, immediately to the left was the master bedroom. There was a square entry space that led into the dining room space, which led to the kitchen and then the living room. Just like the first house, the only thing separating the kitchen and the living room was an island. Immediately off the dining room was the stairs and under the stairs was the half bath. 

At the top of the stairs, immediately to the left was the laundry room and a storage closet. To the right, across the hallway that the stairs led up to, was one of the regular bedrooms. As you walked down the hall, the second bedroom was next and then the third bedroom, I liked how they were all in a line. Next to the third bedroom was the first regular bathroom. Across the hall, behind the half wall that surrounded the stairs was the final bedroom and the other bathroom.

"Andy, we need this house." I told him as we walked down the stairs. "How do you like it?" I asked him as we lingered around in the living room.

"I really like it." He said, looking around. "I can imagine raising a family here, our kids running around in the backyard." He said, sticking his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"We want to make an offer on the house." I told the realtor with a smile.

****************************************************************************

Which house was your favorite?

Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!