Chapter 135

Chapter 135

Andy's POV

I spent the night in ShyAnne's room with her while her parents rented a nearby hotel room. The hospital brought in a cot for me to sleep on. While it wasn't a great sleep, I was grateful to be close to ShyAnne. Nurses came in every few hours to check her vitals and move her so she wasn't in one position for too long. I had just gotten back to sleep after the most recent nurse interruption when my phone buzzed, waking me up. I grabbed my phone and saw my mom was calling. I stood up and left her room, answering my phone.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice hoarse from sleeping.

"Hi, we just wanted to let you know we are in the parking lot." My mom said.

"Okay, I'll be out there in a minute." I said and hung up with her. I stretched out my long limbs and ran a hand through my hair. I went into the nearby bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. My face was puffy from crying all day yesterday and my eyes were bloodshot. I smoothed out my bed head and left the bathroom. I trudged down the hallway and out to the parking lot where I saw my parents get out of their rental car. My mom ran up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Oh Andy, how are you doing?" My mom asked as I hugged her back.

"Not good." I sighed, shaking my head. "Thank you for coming, both of you." I said, looking at my dad.

"Of course Andy." My dad said, hugging me once my mom let me go.

"So what happened?" My mom asked.

"ShyAnne was feeling sick all day and once I finally convinced her to go to the ER she was diagnosed with HELLP syndrome and had an emergency C-Section. Her brain began to swell and had to have a procedure to reduce the swelling and is now in a coma." I sighed. "The good thing is, she isn't getting worse."

"I'm so sorry Andy." My mom said sympathetically, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you, anyway, you guys ready to meet your grandchildren?" I asked with a small smile.

"Of course!" My mom exclaimed. I led them into the hospital and to the elevator to head up to the NICU. We made it to the glass window and I smiled as I saw my babies sleeping. 

"Those three over there." I said, pointing to the small figures off to the side.

"Oh, I can't wait to hold them." My mom gasped.

"Did you and ShyAnne ever come up with names?" My dad asked and I nodded.

"That girl in the middle is Chloe Alice, she's like Elijah where she was born not breathing so she's on a ventilator. Our little boy is Carter Andrew."

"Andrew?" My mom asked with a small smile.

"Yeah, ShyAnne picked it out." I said, cracking a smile, even though thinking about ShyAnne made the heartbreak come back every single time. "He has a hole in his heart so he'll be having surgery this week to repair it."

"Oh my god." My dad said.

"And this one, is our strong little girl. Her only issue is that she was born premature so she's underdeveloped. She'll likely be the first one to leave. A strong girl deserved a strong name. This is Callie Amy." I said proudly.

"Did you-" My mom started but I cut her off.

"Yes, ShyAnne wanted to give one of our little girls your name." I said, feeling that too familiar pang in my heart again. 

"Andy." She said, tears in her eyes. She ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back as she wept into my shoulder. "This means so much to me." She cried.