Chapter 8: Thanksgiving

ShyAnne's POV

*The Next Day*

"I'm so sick of these goodbyes." I sighed, hugging Andy.

"Me too. But, one day, we wont have to say goodbye." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Hey Andy, I need to ask you a question."

"Shoot."

"I don't know, I mean, if you have anything planned but I know that, uhm, my family would love to have you over for Thanksgiving." I said, staring down at my feet. Andy curled his finger around my chin and lifted my head up to look at him.

"I would love to come." He said with a kind, gentle smile. I smiled back and he kissed my forehead again.

"Well, I guess I'll see you in a few weeks." He said.

"Yeah, I guess." I said as he opened his car and got in. "Bye." I said.

"Bye." He said, closing the door and starting the car. He pulled out of his parking spot and drove a few feet before I chased after him, flagging him down. The brake lights blinded me as he put his car into park and rolled down his window. 

"Yes?" He asked as I ran around to his side.

"I love you." I said and a smile spread across his face. "I love you Andy." I repeated it.

"I love you too ShyAnne." He said.

"Okay, now you can leave." I giggled and he playfully shook his head. "Text me when you get home safe!" I called out as he rolled up his window. He gave me a thumbs up and blew me a kiss before driving away.

*Three Weeks Later*

I paced around my living room as I waited for Andy to arrive at my house. He drove in last night and we hung out for a little bit after my shift. I had to work again this evening so we're having dinner pretty early. 

My dress was red and went all the way down to the middle of my calves and had 3/4 sleeves. It was a V-neck but not too low for a family dinner. I was wearing gold heels, in an attempt to look normal next to Andy. I was fairly tall for a girl but I might as well be 5 foot next to Andy the giant. I was wearing simple mascara and eyeliner with a red lip and curled my dark red hair. I tend to gravitate towards darker clothes so I decided to change it up. 

I heard a knock on my door and my heart began to race. It took a few seconds before I worked up the courage to open the door. I looked at Andy as I opened the door and his jaw dropped.

"You look stunning." He said with wide eyes and I smiled, feeling my cheeks get hot.

"Thanks, you look good too." I said. He was just wearing a simple black button down long sleeved shirt and black dress pants but he looked amazing.

"Well, shall we get going?" He questioned and I nodded, walking out of my apartment and locking the door behind me. We got into my car and I slipped off my right heel. I refuse to drive in heels. We buckled our seatbelts and began the short drive to my parents house.  

As we turned into their neighborhood, my heart began to race again. My parents were going to love Andy so I truly had no reason to be nervous and I knew that. My whole family is accepting and loving but I just couldn't shake the fear that came along with him meeting my family. What was I thinking? We've only been dating for three months and he's already meeting my entire family at Thanksgiving dinner? What if we don't last and I have to tell them that we broke up. Shit, we're here.