Chapter 149: Recovery

ShyAnne's POV

"Welcome home!" I cheered as I opened the front door to greet the twins who were running up the sidewalk.

"MOMMY!" They screamed as they ran into my arms and I hugged them tightly.

"Did you guys have a good day at school?" I asked.

"Yeah!" They exclaimed as I waved at Alice who was driving by. With Andy being on bedrest, Alice agreed to take the twins and pick them up while he's recovering. 

"Where's daddy?" Eliza asked.

"He's in bed resting. I'll take you guys to see him but you have to be very careful because he has an owie, okay?" I asked and they nodded. They took off their backpacks and followed me to the bedroom. Andy had woken up about an hour ago and the anesthesia had finally worn off so he was back to his normal, but groggy, self. I opened the door just enough for me to see into the room. He was propped up in bed, watching TV and eating a snack I had brought him.

"The twins are home, can they come in?" I asked

"Yes, but they just need to be calm." He said and I nodded. I turned back to the twins and looked down at them.

"Remember, be careful." I told them as I opened the door. They carefully walked in and crawled up onto the bed.

"Hey guys, how was school today?" Andy asked with a smile.

"Good!" They smiled. Eliza crawled closer and got on top of him, putting her knee right in his crotch.

"AH!" He screamed out in pain, throwing his head back. Eliza quickly backed up, her eyes wide, kneeing him in the crotch again, earning another cry from him. She kept backing up until she fell off the bed and I rushed to catch her. I held her close and she started crying.

"I hurt daddy." She sobbed. 

"No honey, it's okay, you didn't mean it." I said, stroking her hair. I stood up with her still in my arms. "Come on Elijah, let's give daddy a minute." I said, extending my hand to him. He looked between Andy and I, his eyes wide in fear that he was going to be next to hurt Andy. Andy's eyes were closed as he took deep breaths, his head thrown back and his hand covering his crotch. Elijah took my hand and I helped him off the bed, taking the two of them out of the room. I sat on the couch with them, holding them.

"I hurt daddy." Eliza cried again.

"No, you just bumped his owie. He'll be okay." I said, kissing her forehead and stroking her hair. Once they were calmed down, I let them play in the living room while I went to go check on Andy. I opened the door and slid it, making sure it latched shut behind me. He was back to watching TV but he still had a pained look on his face.

"Are you okay? Did she bust any stitches?" I asked.

"I'm fine, it just hurt like a bitch. Luckily she barely put any weight behind her knee before I screamed. Did I scare the shit out of her?" He asked and I nodded. "Fuck." He groaned.

"I calmed them down, they're fine." I reassured him.

"Can you bring them in here so I can apologize?" He asked and I nodded. I walked out and went to where the twins were playing.

"Come on, lets go see daddy again." I told them, grabbing their hands. Elijah agreed but Eliza yanked her hand away and shook her head.

"No." She replied. "I'm gonna hurt him." She said.

"Just don't crawl on him and you won't hurt him. Just sit next to him. Please Eliza, daddy really wants to see you."

"Fine, for daddy." She said with a pouty lip. I chuckled and rolled my eyes once she couldn't see me. She's such a daddy's girl. I grabbed both of their hands and led them into our bedroom. I lifted them up onto the bed and they both sat next to him.

"I'm sorry I scared you guys, I was just in a little bit of pain. I'm okay, I promise." He said, leaning over just a little to kiss their foreheads. I saw him cringe as I'm sure doing that was at least uncomfortable, if not painful.

"I'm sowwy daddy." Eliza said.

"It's okay baby girl." He smiled, reaching out and rubbing her shoulder. "Tell me about school." He said.

**************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!