Chapter 1: Stranded

Chapter 1: Stranded

Andy's POV

I walked out of the bathroom at the rest stop and noticed the tour bus was nowhere to be found. I started running around, hoping they had just parked it somewhere else, but it was gone. I pulled out my phone to call them but realized I had left it on the bus. I sighed and sat on a bench, hoping they would realize I was gone and turn back.

ShyAnne's POV

I pulled into the rest stop, deciding to wait out the storm that had just hit. It was way too dangerous to drive. I noticed a man sitting on a bench, just letting himself get rained on. I sighed and pulled my umbrella out, getting out of my car. I opened my umbrella, closing and locking my car. I walked up to him and tapped his foot. He looked at me, the expression his face depressed and distraught.

"Why are you just sitting here in the rain?" I asked him, moving the umbrella so it was covering both of us.

"My friends left me behind so I'm waiting for them to realize I'm gone and turn back. I left my phone with them so I can't contact them."

"I'll let you use my phone."

"Really? Thank you so much." He stood up and we walked back to my car. Why am I doing this, I'm crazy. This is a total stranger! He could kill me for all I know. But, he seems trustworthy. I hope I don't regret this. We got into the car and I handed him a blanket I had in the back. He wrapped it around him and I turned up the heat to get him warm. I handed him my phone and he dialed his friend's number.

Andy's POV

"Hello?" Ashley answered.

"What the hell! Don't you guys check to see if everyone's on the bus before you guys leave!"

"What? We thought you were sleeping in your bunk!"

"No! I'm still at the rest stop."

"Fuck. Well, I'll tell the driver to turn around and go get you."

"No! You'll never make it to the show on time!"

"Andy. We can't have a show if we don't have our singer!"

"Ugh, I'll-um, hitch hike or something."

"Andy."

"I've got it. I'll be there on time, okay?"

"Whatever." He said and hung up. I put the phone down and sighed, throwing my head back.

"Where are you headed?" The girl asked. She had long dark red hair that was shaved on one side and was wearing black jeans with a black Pierce The Veil shirt and black eyeliner rimming her eyes.

ShyAnne's POV

"San Francisco."

"Hey, that's where I live. I was just headed home." I smiled.

"Oh my god, do you mind taking me to the venue my band is at tonight? I promise I'll pay you gas money."

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Thank you so much." He said. The rain had stopped so I turned on the car and got back onto the road.

"So, what's your name?" He asked me.

"ShyAnne, you?"

"I'm Andy."

"Oh, so you said you're in a band?"

"Yeah, it's a rock band called Black Veil Brides and we're playing a show tonight. We only have about a week left on this tour luckily. I'm ready to be back home."