Chapter 143

Chapter 143

ShyAnne's POV

*One Month Later*

I finally feel like my normal self again. I've been home from the hospital for a month and have gained all of my strength back and am getting back into the swing of motherhood. Andy and I are sharing the responsibility and handing our whole situation so much better than we did with the twins. It makes the whole experience that much better. Andy's parents are still here and I'm so grateful to have them because they make everything so much easier. They take the twins to preschool and then watch Carter and Callie so we can go visit with Chloe. She's been doing so good since her last set back with the ventilator and has been off of it completely for a week now. It's so nice to see her beautiful face without a tube down her throat. Her chest is rising and falling naturally and it brings me so much peace to watch her sleep. 

Today is an extra special day, because after four months in the NICU, Chloe is almost cleared to come home. She just has to pass the car seat test like her siblings. It's always the most nerve wracking time for me, because it's such a long time to wait and I feel like something will go wrong any minute. 

"And that's one hour!" The nurse announced as the timer went off. I looked at Andy with tears in my eyes and he looked back at me with the same look. We hugged each other tightly and I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"Our babies are coming home." I said to him quietly.

"Finally." He whispered, his voice cracking. They removed the rubes and wires from Chloe and we got her dressed before placing her back in her car seat. Andy pulled the car around and went to go check her out before returning to me. We walked out of the room and the hallway was lined with nurses clapping and celebrating Chloe going home. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I was so overwhelmed with emotion. We made it to the car and I strapped the car seat into the car while Andy started it up. I climbed in and we finally were on our way home to make our family complete. We got home and I carried Chloe's car seat into the house.

"Baby! Baby! Baby!" Eliza and Elijah chanted, causing Andy and I to laugh.

"Yes! All of your siblings are home now." I told them as I placed the car seat on the floor. The twins jumped onto the couch and held their arms out.

"You guys are so smart." Andy laughed, placing a pillow on Eliza's lap. We did the same ordeal as when Carter came home and got lots of pictures. To get a picture of all of the kids, I sat in between the twins will Callie in my arms. Elijah was holding Chloe and Eliza was holding Carter. We let Andy's parents hold Chloe while the other two babies were playing on their playmat on the floor. Eliza and Elijah were on the floor with them, trying to entertain them. I smiled as I looked at my kids, finally home. I just know the twins are going to be amazing older siblings as they age and are going to take such good care of their little siblings. I looked over at Andy who was watching the twins play with the same look I had.

"It feels good to finally be a family again. To be home. To be complete." I said.

"I'm so glad I get to do life with you." He smiled, giving me a kiss.

********************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!