Chapter 38

Chapter 38

ShyAnne's POV

Two days later, Andy was removed to a regular room on a different floor. Andy's parents checked out of their hotel since they were able to stay with me in his new hospital room. The day Andy woke up, I called his band but we all agreed it'd be a better idea if they waited until he was in his new room since more people were allowed in the regular room.

Andy is getting stronger. He's been attending physical therapy to strengthen his muscle again and once he was in his regular room, they got him on crutches to teach him how to use those. He only uses his crutches to get to and from the bathroom because just that tires him out. The doctor said he'll have to build up his strength and stamina again since he was lying still in a hospital bed for two weeks. 

Andy spent one day in his regular hospital room and was discharged the next day. Andy's parents helped me load him into the passenger seat of my car for the long drive back to San Francisco. His crutches were loaded into the backseat and his seat was reclined all the way back. We said bye to his parents as they left to go to their rental car. They were going to get a hotel in San Francisco to help me take care of Andy.

I got in the driver's seat and pulled out of the hospital parking lot. I reached over and rubbed Andy's thigh, smiling over at him.

"You excited to go home?" I asked.

"Excited to eat real food." He laughed.

"Be grateful you only had to eat three days of that food." I said. Shortly into the drive, Andy fell asleep. His medicine makes him sleepy so I couldn't blame him. He woke up after a few hours and looked around.

"Where are we?" He asked.

"Middle of nowhere." I laughed. We stopped for food once and bathroom twice before finally arriving at our apartment. I helped him out of the car and gave him his crutches so he could hobble over to the stairs. Once he got to the stairs, he left his crutches at the bottom of the stairs and I used all my strength to help him up. I got him into the apartment and got him set up in the bedroom. I went back downstairs to grab his crutches and went back up, resting the crutches against the wall near the bed. 

I climbed into bed next to him and wrapped my arm around him, holding him close to me.

"I missed this." I whispered with a smile.

"Me too." He said, cuddling close to me.

"I love you so much Andy."

"I love you too ShyAnne."

************************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!