Chapter 24: The Ghost of North America Tour

ShyAnne's POV

*A Few Days Later*

Andy is able to do more things on his own, so I went home for the night to pack up my things to go on tour. I wanted to stop by my parents and let them know I'll be gone for three months and the possibility of me moving.

"ShyAnne, hello!" My mom exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug. She brought me into the house and I took her into the living room to sit down. My dad was already sitting there watching TV.

"So, I'm going on tour with Andy for two months."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, he asked me to go and I decided to go. It's just his solo project so it'll just be him and the two members he has playing the instruments."

"What about your job?" My dad asked.

"I kind of got fired." I said quietly.

"You what?" My mom asked.

"Look, it wasn't my fault. My manager was being totally unreasonable!"

"ShyAnne, it's a job. They have a right to be unreasonable. You show up on time for your shift, every shift, no question. You're an adult now ShyAnne and you have to start acting like it. You can't just run across the country with your boyfriend!" My dad lectured.

"Just listen to me! I was staying with Andy in LA and on the day I was supposed to come back here so I could make it to my shift the next day, Andy's appendix ruptured and I had to take him to the ER. His parents live in Ohio so I was the only one available to take care of him. I called my manager immediately and explained the situation and he didn't care. He fired me and I don't want to be working for someone so heartless anyway! When I get back from tour, I'll find a new job. It's no big deal, I just wanted to take the little bit of freedom that I have and get away for a bit, travel and see new things!"

"Well that's just terrible, I'm glad Andy's okay." My mom said.

"Well, there's plenty of restaurants in town." My dad said and I bit my lip.

"That's also what I wanted to tell you." I said. "Andy thinks it's time we move in together and he wants me to move in with him."

"Down to LA? Oh honey, it's so far and I've heard dangerous things about LA." My mom said.

"I know."

"Why can't he move up here?" My dad asked.

"I suggested that but he said it'd be too hard with doing band stuff since everything is down there. He'd either be constantly driving or flying and then have no where to stay."

"Do you want to move down there?" My mom asked.

"Not really. I mean, I love Andy and I want to live with him because this long distance is killing both of us, but I don't want to leave San Francisco, I love it here. I'm really scared. He's giving me until tour is over to think about it so I have about two months. I just wanted to get your input."

"Well, you're an adult and we can't tell you what to do. We'd miss you a lot if you moved away."

"I know, I'd miss you guys too. Like I said, I'm still thinking about it."

"Well, where are you going first on the tour?" My mom asked.

"Sacramento."

***

I left my bag in my car and went up the stairs to Andy's apartment. 

"Andy!" I called as I walked in.