Chapter 134

Chapter 134

Andy's POV

I sat with ShyAnne until my phone buzzed. I looked at it and saw it was ShyAnne's mom texting me that they were at the hospital. My parents managed to book a flight late tonight and would be here early morning. I reluctantly left ShyAnne's bedside and went to the waiting room to me with them. I'm sure I looked horrible but I really didn't care at this point.

"Oh, Andy!" Her mom gasped, running up to me when she saw me round the corner. She wrapped me in a tight hug and I felt her tears dampen my shoulder. I hugged her back and gave her dad a weak smile. "How did this all happen?" She asked, pulling away from me and wiping her eyes.

"She felt really sick this morning but she kept saying it was normal pregnancy symptoms and I let her convince me that she was fine. She wasn't improving so I forced her to call her doctor, just to ensure everything was normal. Her doctor immediately knew something was wrong and made her go to the ER. It all just happened so fast after that. She was getting stitched up and felt dizzy before loosing consciousness and I was rushed out of the OR. I should've just listened to my gut and forced her in the car first thing this morning." I said, shaking my head.

"Andy, none of this is your fault." Her dad said, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I just feel like I could have done more." I said, my voice cracking. I didn't want to break down in front of her parents like this, but I couldn't help it.

"Andy, we know you love ShyAnne and you did everything you could for her." He said with a small smile.

"Well, do you guys want to see the triplets or ShyAnne first?" I asked them.

"Triplets." They said and I nodded, leading them through the hospital. I led them into the elevator and down to the NICU. We walked up to the large window that looked in on the babies.

"Those three over there." I told them, pointing to the triplets.

"I can barely even see them and I already know they're precious." ShyAnne's mom smiled.

"That one's Callie Amy, that's Chloe Alice, and our boy is Carter Andrew." I said, pointing to each baby.

"Beautiful names." ShyAnne's dad said.

"Callie has no known health issues besides being underdeveloped, Chloe is similar to Elijah where her lungs are extremely underdeveloped so she's on a ventilator, and Carter has a hole in his heart so he's having surgery when he's stable." I explained to them.

"Oh my." Her mom sighed, her voice cracking. "Those poor babies."

"I just hope ShyAnne gets a chance to meet them." I sighed.

"Andy, ShyAnne is strong and these babies are strong. Everyone is going to get to go home." Her dad reassured me. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Are you guys ready to go see ShyAnne?" I asked.

"I'm terrified, but yes." Her mom said. I lead them back to the elevator and up to the ICU. I led them down the long hallway and my heart thumped as we got closer to ShyAnne's room. We got to her room and I heard her mom gasp from behind me. I turned to see she had stopped in her tracks, her hand clasped over her mouths, tears falling from her eyes. ShyAnne's dad had his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"My baby." Her mom said, small sobs escaping her mouth. She stepped forward and slid open the glass door, stepping into the room with her husband behind her. They closed the door and walked further into the room. ShyAnne's mom collapsed on top of her daughter, her body shaking as she sobbed. 

I turned around, squeezing my eyes shut tight as I felt more tears coming on. I found a nearby chair and sat down, hanging my head as I took deep breaths. This day has been so overwhelming and I've gone through so many different emotions in such a short period of time. I don't know how much more I can take.

*****************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!