Chapter 10: Christmas Part 2

ShyAnne's POV

*The Next Day*

Well, I've officially met all of Andy's family. They all seemed to get here at the same time so it was a long while of walking around with Andy and shaking hands. I even got to meet Joe Flanders which was exciting because I love his videos.

I'm currently in one of the five cars driving towards a Nerf arena. Everyone under thirty decided it was a good idea to celebrate Christmas by hitting each other with foam darts. I'm kind of nervous because there's a lot of competitive males in Andy's family, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I might lose, but I'll be fine.

We arrived and walked in. One of Andy's cousins had made the reservation so he paid at the front desk and we were led into the room where they kept the gear. We took off our shoes and put on our vests and safety glasses before grabbing a Nerf gun. The employee in the room and went over the rules and how the guns work.

"Now, there's three game options. Last Man Standing, King of the Hill and Capture The Flag. You've got a two hour long session so we can always change the game. Which one do you guys want to play?" The employee asked. The majority voted for Last Man Standing and we were let into the arena where the worker went over the rules of the game. 

"GO!" The employee shouted, blowing his whistle and everyone began shooting darts. Luckily, I saw a few people, going to the section for people who are out before I was hit, which meant I didn't lose. I did shoot one person though which was a personal victory for me. Andy got to the top five before he was shot. He joined me and we watched as the remaining four shot at each other. Finally, Joe ended up winning and everyone ran back into the arena to play another round.

We played a few rounds of that, which I didn't lose in any of them which was great. Andy even won one of them. We switched to King of the Hill and played a few rounds of that before switching to a few rounds of Capture the Flag. We kept switching between the three games until our time ran out.

We returned to the house where lunch was being served. We all found different places in the house to eat and I got to know some of the family which was nice. After lunch, a couple of us went out to go play in the snow and we got into a few snowball fights before we came in to warm up. We all pretty much just hung out in the house, talking, playing video games, watching TV, dancing to music, whatever anyone could think of.

We entertained ourselves until dinner, where we ate at the house again. After dinner, we all packed into the cars and drove to the Cincinnati Zoo and Botancial Garden to see all the Christmas lights they had set up. We all drank hot chocolate as we walked around, looking at the lights and animals. There was a train to ride on, activites for the kids and they even had reindeer.

After the zoo, everyone went to where they were sleeping, whether it was one of the houses or a hotel and we all went to bed.

We woke up the next morning and were now sharing the bathroom with a few other people so it took a little longer to get ready, but that wasn't a big deal. It was Christmas Eve morning so Amy went out of her way to make this extravagant breakfast for everyone. We waited for everyone to arrive before sitting down in various rooms around the house to eat breakfast. 

After breakfast we pretty much took the day to relax. It was Christmas Eve after all. At one point Andy and I joined some of his family out in the snow but it was just a day for the family to catch up with each other and have fun.

Some of the members of the family spent a while in the kitchen, cooking everyone a traditional Christmas Eve dinner. We sat down to dinner and it was amazing. I need his family to move out to California with us so I can eat this good every night.