Chapter 33

Chapter 33

ShyAnne's POV

*Two Months Later*

Everything has been going great with Andy and I. Last month we celebrated our two year anniversary and Andy planned the perfect night. We coexist together very nicely and he's even made a few drives down to LA for work and has stayed a few nights in his old apartment. I'm so happy that this situation is working out.

Well, everything was going great. I stared down at the white piece of plastic in my hand. Fuck. I can't be pregnant. Everything was going so well.

I threw away the box and test and went back to work. I couldn't dare risk taking it at home and having Andy see it. On my lunch break, I made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow to confirm what the test said.

"Hey baby!" Andy said with a smile as I walked in the door. He was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey." I said, faking a smile. I can't tell him, not until I know. Does he even want kids? We've never even talked about it. God, we're so unprepared.

"How was work?" He asked.

"Good, the customers were a little bitchy." I shrugged, trying to distract myself from the inevitable. My day was actually terrible because of the news I received but I can't tell him that because he'll pry.

"Well, I'm sorry about the customers but I'm glad your day was overall good." He said, an innocent smile on his face. Oh God, if only he knew. 

"Yeah." I said. "I'm going to go get changed." I said, walking to the bedroom and closed the door. I rushed into the bathroom and emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet. There's the morning sickness. How am I going to hide this from Andy? If he thinks I'm sick he'll insist I stay home from work so he can take care of me.  What am I going to do?

***

The next day I was sitting in the waiting room at my doctor's office, waiting to be called. I told Andy I had to run some errands so he wouldn't get suspicious.

"ShyAnne Miller." The nurse called. I stood up and followed her back. She took my height and weight and led me to an exam room. She got a bit of information from me before instructing me to undress from the waist down and to cover myself with the blanket. She left and I did what she said, waiting for the ultrasound tech to come in.

"Hello, how are you feeling today?" The tech asked as she set up her machine.

"Good." I lied. I'm scared as hell. She grabbed the transducer and used it to look around.

"There's your baby!" She said, pointing at the screen. "It appears you're about 4 weeks along." She said, printing out a picture and handing it to me. She turned off the machine and told me to get dressed and that my doctor would be in shortly. She left and I got dressed, sitting on the table, my stomach in twenty different knots. I had placed the picture on the table next to me and looked down at it. Tears rolled down my face. Fuck, fuck, shit. I heard the door open and I wiped my face.

"Hello, how are we doing today?" My doctor asked, putting my file down and going to the sink to wash her hands. 

"Fine." I lied again.

"So, we've talked about this before, but you remember that your fibroids make it difficult to carry your baby to term, right?"

"Yes, I remember." I said, blinking back tears.

"I'll want to do more frequent ultrasounds to continuously check on the condition of the baby, alright?" She asked and I nodded. "I also want you to take it as easy as possible, keep your stress levels low. Do you think you can do that?"

"I can try." I said.

"Once you pass your first trimester, we'll reevaluate the viability of this pregnancy as the likelihood of you carrying this baby to term increases. The next several weeks are crucial, you understand?" She asked and I nodded, afraid my voice would crack if I tried to speak. "Do you have any questions for me?" She asked and I shook my head. "Great, I'll see you at your next appointment." She said, walking out of the room. 

I slid off the table, grabbing the picture, and walking out to the front desk. I made my next appointment and went out to my car. I placed the ultrasound picture in my glove box and cried in my car for a few minutes. I can't believe this is happening. I drove home and walked inside.

"Hey, did you find what you need?" Andy asked.

"What? Oh, no. They were sold out." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He said.

"It's fine." I shrugged. "I'm kind of tired, I'm going to lay down." I said.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything." He said as I walked down the hallway. I laid in the bed and took a deep breath. What on Earth am I going to do?"

*************************************************************************

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER