Chapter 126: Third Birthday

ShyAnne's POV

*One Week Later*

"Are you sure you're going to feel well enough for everyone to be over here?" Andy asked, standing in the doorway of the bathroom as I brushed my teeth.

"I'm fine."

"Are you positive ShyAnne? We can reschedule. You just threw up the little bit of breakfast you ate."

"I'm just pregnant Andy. I've been pregnant before, I'll be fine. I don't want to take their birthday away from them." I said, shaking my head. In the last few days, pregnancy symptoms have hit me hard and I've barely gotten out of bed before today. I was forced to today because we are celebrating the twins' third birthday. Luckily, Andy's parents flew in yesterday so they helped Andy take care of the twins. I'm still about a month away from my second trimester so I definitely want to keep it as much of a secret as possible. I looked at myself in the mirror and pulled my shirt tight to show off my tiny bump.

"You're not showing. You're fine." I sighed and rubbed my stomach. "You just look like you gained a bit of weight.

"Oh, so now I'm fat?"

"Jesus ShyAnne, that's not what I meant." He groaned. "You don't look pregnant yet is my point, especially in your baggy shirt."

"Okay." I said, fixing my shirt and walking out of the bathroom.

"Now, lets get out there before people start arriving." He said, going to the bedroom door and opening it. We walked out to see his parents playing with the twins in the living room.

"Hello." His mom smiled, looking at us quickly before giving her attention back to Eliza. Just as Andy and I sat on the couch, the doorbell rang.

"Ugh." Andy groaned, taking a moment to gather the strength to get back up and answer it. "Hello." He said, opening the door. Soon, I saw CC, Jake, and Inna appear. It took about an hour for everyone to show up, but once they arrived, we were able to start the party. 

I didn't have the time or energy to put much planning into the party. The theme I went with this year was Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss. The twins were wearing red shirts that said Thing 1 and Thing 2 on them. Eliza was wearing Thing 1 since she was the first one born. Eliza was wearing blue leggings and Elijah had blue shorts. I ordered a themed cake, nothing too fancy. Just a rectangular sheet cake that was blue with red trim and had Thing 1 and Thing 2 figurines on top and a candle in the shape of a 3. In plain black icing was written "Happy Birthday Eliza and Elijah". Andy roped his parents into hanging up blue and red streamers and balloons around the living room and kitchen.

"Well, they're finally out of the terrible twos!" Alice smiled. The two of us were standing off to the side, away from everyone else. I was trying not to get too far away from my bathroom because in the hour that everyone had been here, I had already thrown up twice. 

"Yeah, now they're three-nagers!" I laughed.

"Honestly, three might have been worse than two."

"Thanks." I said with a small laugh. Suddenly, I felt like I had to throw up again. "Excuse me." I said, rushing into my bedroom and closing the door. I basically sprinted into the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet, falling to my knees as I puked up the small amount of drink that I had consumed. Once I was done, I stood up and washed out my mouth before brushing my teeth for what felt like the hundredth time today. I looked at myself in the mirror and rubbed my hand over my stomach.