Chapter 66

Chapter 66

ShyAnne's POV

*Three Weeks Later*

I sat on the exam table, Andy in the chair next to me. He reached over and rubbed my swollen belly, smiling at me. We were just shy of two months but I was already forming a bit of a baby bump. We've agreed not to tell anyone until at least the four month mark, even though I'd like to wait a bit longer than that. 

Things are moving along in the house and we plan to move in next week. Andy has already recruited the band and their wives to come help us. I'm honestly really excited to move, especially with this baby coming. 

"Hello." The tech smiled as she walked in, wheeling the ultrasound behind her.

"Hello." Andy and I said as she got everything set up, I lifted up my shirt and squeezed the gel onto it, moving the transducer around.

"Alright, let's see." She said, our baby's heartbeat filling the room. I smiled and then realized something was off.

"Why does it sound so weird?" I asked.

"There's your-oh." She said.

"What?" I asked with concern.

"There's your healthy baby." She said, pointing at the screen and then moving the transducer over a little bit. "And there's your second healthy baby."

"What." Andy said, eyes wide.

"T-Twins?" I asked.

"Yes, it looks like you're having twins." She smiled, printing out an ultrasound picture. 

"What the fuck, twins!" Andy exclaimed, standing up. He looked at me and then fainted, landing on the ground.

"Andy!" I exclaimed, sitting up and peering over the bed at him.

"Can I get some help in here?" The tech called out the door. Two nurses came running in and lifted Andy up into the chair. They started checking his breathing to make sure he was okay.

"Here, put him in the bed." I said, getting up. The nurses and the tech lifted Andy onto the table, letting him lay there.

"Your doctor will be in shortly." The tech said, leaving the room with the machine. I sat in the quiet room, holding Andy's hand. I looked down at my stomach and rested my free hand on my bump.

"Already little troublemakers." I chuckled.

"I hear someone had a bit of a fall." My doctor chuckled, walking in.

"Oh god, what happened?" Andy groaned, coming to.

"Baby! You're okay!" I exclaimed, standing up and leaning over him.

"What happened?" He asked again, sitting up. "And why am I on the table? I'm not pregnant." He said which made me laugh.

"You kinda...fainted." I said with a small smile.

"Why?" He pried.

"We found out we are having twins." I said and his eyes went wide again. "Please don't faint."

"I won't, I just, wow." He said. "Let's switch spots." He said and I nodded. He got off the table and sat back in his chair while I got back on the table.

"Alright, so you are definitely having twins, which makes you even more of a high risk pregnancy. I want you off your feet as much as you can and keep your stress levels very low. We will determine if it's best for you to have a C-section or a natural delivery as you get closer and the babies get into position so just be prepared for those possibilities. Twins also like to come a few weeks early and they will likely have to be in the NICU after birth, depending on how early. I would like to see you every two to three weeks just to check on the babies and make sure everything is going smoothly." The doctor explained.

"Sounds good." I said. "I'll do anything to keep them healthy." I smiled, rubbing my bump. We talked a bit more and then she left the room. I made my next appointment and then Andy and I walked out to the car in silence.

"Are you okay?" I asked Andy as we sat in the car.

"I'm just shocked. Ecstatic, scared, but shocked." He said, looking down at his lap. "I mean, I've imagined so many times what it would be like to have a kid, I've seen Jinxx interact with his son, it all made sense to me. Suddenly we're gonna go from 0 to 2 in a day? That's crazy and it's just taking a while to wrap my head around it. But I'm happy, really happy. That's just another kid to love." He smiled.

"You are going to be the best father." I said, leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"I hope so." He sighed, rubbing my bump.

********************************************************************************

Wow, twins! Were you expecting that?

Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!