Chapter 36

Chapter 36

ShyAnne's POV

*One Week Later*

Since only two people were allowed in Andy's room at a time, Andy's parents and I took shifts sitting with him so we all got time with him. The band came to see him but ended up going home since we don't know how long he will be out. I ended up having to take a leave of absence of work because I just don't feel right with him being in LA while I'm in San Francisco working. Of course, the top thought on my mind is, what if he dies and I'm not here for him?

I sleep in Andy's room with him every night while his parents sleep at their hotel. They've offered to let me sleep in their room but I'd rather be with Andy at night. Plus, I don't want to subject them to the uncomfortable hospital cot.

I stepped through the doors leading to the ICU wing and saw nurses flying past me down the hall. I heard a robotic voice call 'code blue' over the loudspeaker in the hospital. My heart started to beat faster as I quickened my pace and saw them all running into Andy's room. His parents were standing outside the room, Chris holding Amy as she cried.

"He went into cardiac arrest." Chris said, his voice cracking. I fell to my knees and sobbed heavily, my whole body shaking. He can't die, I can't lose him. I've heard a lot of people don't come back once a code blue is called. 

After what felt like eternity, the nurses started filing out and a doctor walked up to us. I stood up and wiped my face.

"We were able to revive him but if this keeps happening, it will become harder to bring him back each time. Has your son ever talked about what he wanted for his care in an event like this? Would he want all measures to be taken to revive him?"

"He was young, we never talked about this with him, we live across the country. I would assume he'd want every chance possible at coming back." His dad said. "ShyAnne, did he ever say anything to you?" He asked me.

"N-No, we've never talked about this. We didn't even think this would ever happen, oh my god." I sobbed.

"Thank you." The doctor said and walked away.

"Go ahead." Chris said, nodding his head towards Andy's room. I walked in and he looked the same as when I left to go get food. You'd never think that his heart had just stopped by looking at him. In the past week, his scratches were beginning to heal and his bruises were lighter. The wrap on his head was now removed. They had shaved his head for the surgery and he had a large scar across his head that still was stitched together. 

"Oh Andy." I cried, sitting in the chair next to his bed and holding his hand. "Please wake up, I need to hear your voice and see your smile so bad." I took a deep shaky breath. "Also, if you need to go, if you're not meant to be here anymore, than you can leave. I-I won't be mad, I just don't want you to be in pain anymore." At this point I was a blubbering mess, my shirt soaked from my tears. "I love you so much Andy." I said, kissing his cheek. I wiped my face and decided to go for a walk around the hospital to give his parents some time with him.

************************************************************************************

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!

"What happened?" I asked Chris, trying to look into the room around the curtain.