Chapter 70

Chapter 70

ShyAnne's POV

*Two Months Later*

"Oh boy." I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror. We've reached the six month mark and things are starting to feel more real. I haven't made it this far in any of my pregnancies. Andy finally convinced me to have a baby shower and we're having a gender reveal as well. I knew I wanted to know the gender before the babies came so I could better prepare, but I was nervous about becoming to attached about the idea of having a son and/or daughter. "I'm so nervous." I said, rubbing my large belly.

"Everything is going to be fine." Andy reassured, coming up behind me and hugging me. "You're almost in the third trimester, we're in the home stretch."

"I know, just the thought in the back of my mind won't leave me alone."

"I know, but let's be excited. I can't wait to find out what we're having." He said, rubbing my stomach.

"What would you prefer?"

"I mean, ideally, a boy and a girl." He said.

"Really? I'm hoping for double girls."

"Really?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah, I mean being first time parents is going to be hard enough. Twins is going to make it even harder. Learning how to parent a boy and a girl at the same time is going to be even harder."

"I guess." He shrugged. There was a knock on the door and I turned to look at him. "Let's get this party started." He smiled, kissing my lips and leaving the room. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror before walking out as well. Andy had started letting our guests in.

"ShyAnne! You're beautiful!" Alice exclaimed as she ran over to me and hugged me.

"I feel like a semi truck." I groaned. "I'm just grateful that our bedroom is downstairs." I laughed. I greeted everyone else as they walked in. We had invited the band and our parents, just keeping it small.

"My parents just landed, I have to go pick them up." Andy said, kissing my cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too baby." He said, grabbing his car keys and leaving. I socialized with everyone for a little bit until there was another knock on the door.

"Mom! Dad!" I exclaimed as I opened the door.

"Oh ShyAnne, you're huge!" My mom said with wide eyes.

"Thanks mom." I chuckled. "Twins take up a lot of space." I smirked.

"Nice to see you ShyAnne." My dad said, hugging me. I let them in and continued socializing when the front door opened.

"I'm back!" Andy called as he walked in, his parents behind him. I stood up and walked over to them.

"Hello!" I said, hugging him mom and then his dad.

"Oh ShyAnne, you are absolutely glowing!"

"Thank you." I giggled. We sat around and mainly socialized for a while.

"Alright, who's ready for this reveal!" Andy exclaimed and everyone cheered. We all stood up and went outside. We had decided to go with the big black balloons that you pop and colored confetti falls out. Andy had one and I had one. We stood in our backyard while everyone gathered on the porch.

"One, two, three!" We counted and popped our balloons. Pink confetti fell out of mine and a huge smile spread across my face as I squealed. I turned and saw blue confetti had fallen out of Andy's. We smiled at each other and hugged each other tightly, tears falling from my eyes.

"You guessed it." I smirked.

"I'm so happy." He said quietly, his voice cracking. I pulled back and grabbed his face in my hands.

"I'm so in love with you." I told him.

"And I am so deeply in love with you." He said as we shared a kiss. We returned to our guests and went inside to have cake. While we ate the cake, Andy and I opened the presents. We got lots of clothes, bottles, diapers, and money. We spent the rest of the time talking with our friends and family and enjoying each other's company.

***

"Thank you for coming!" I called as everyone left. The only people left were Andy's parents and they were staying for a few days.

"Dad, do you want to help me put the cribs together?" Andy asked.

"Sure." He said, getting off the couch as the two climbed the stairs. I spent the rest of the day talking with Andy's mom, never really having much time for girl time with her. I love my life.

**************************************************************************

A boy and a girl!

Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!