Chapter 111: New Beds

ShyAnne's POV

The next day, we went to the store and grabbed all the safety things we needed to toddler proof the house. We also went to a furniture store to pick out new beds for the twins. We walked through the hundreds of beds for children, hoping something stuck out to the twins.

"THIS IS SO COOL!" Andy exclaimed, running up to one of the beds. I sighed and walked closer to see what he was freaking out about.

"Really Andy? A Batman bed?"

"Let's get this! I love it-I mean, Elijah will love it!"

"Andy, this is your son's bed, not yours."

"Okay, but I would've loved this bed as a kid! Come on!" He begged. It was a black bed shaped like the bat mobile, with Batman logos on the front and side.

 It was a black bed shaped like the bat mobile, with Batman logos on the front and side

"Fine." I sighed and he did a little happy dance. "Are Batman car seats not enough for you?"

"Never enough Batman." He said, his face completely serious. We kept walking around to find a bed for Eliza.

"Pincess!" Eliza cheered, pointing to something. I looked and saw a bright pink princess carriage bed.

"Is that the bed you want Eliza?" I asked her and she nodded

"Okay, what do you think Andy?"

"Anything for my little princess." He smiled.

"God, she has got you wrapped around her fucking finger." I laughed.

"Yeah." He chuckled with a small smile. We found an employee and got the two beds pulled up in the system. Luckily, they were in stock so we could take them home today. The employees helped us load the boxes in the car and we drove home. I installed all the safety measures while Andy built the beds.

"UGH! I'm calling the guys!" He groaned about ten minutes into it. He sat in the twins' room, fumbling with the pieces until there was a knock on the door. I went to go answer it to see Jinxx, CC, and Jake standing on the porch.

"We got a distress call." Jinxx explained.

"He's upstairs in the twins' room." I said and they nodded, coming into the house. They made their way up the stairs and I noticed Alice was with them as well.

"Hello! I didn't expect you to be here." I smiled.

"Yup, I figured Lennon could be benefitted by a play date." She said, letting him run into the living room where the twins were. I let her in and she sat on the couch.

"Can I get you anything to drink?"

"Just a water." She said and I nodded. I grabbed us two waters and went to go sit next to her on the couch.

"So, what prompted this change from crib to a toddler bed?"

"Well, Eliza managed to climb out of her crib, down the stairs, and come into our room. She kind of...uhm...walked in on us." I chuckled shyly.

"Oh noo!" She exclaimed, laughing a little. "Luckily, that hasn't happened with Lennon yet."

"I just hope she's young enough where she won't remember or even realize what was going on. Anyway, we got gates for the stairs because it honestly scared us just thinking about her hurting herself on the stairs."

"Fair." She nodded.

"Also, Andy and I are trying for another baby so we don't want that happening again." I said.

"Oh my god, I'm so excited for you!" She squealed.

"Thanks, we're not really telling anyone until it happens." I said.

"Well, if you need us to watch the twins, just let us know." She said.

"Thank you." I smiled. We hung out for a little bit longer until the guys came down stairs.

"All done!" Andy cheered.

"There's some food for you guys in the kitchen." I said.

"FOOD!" Jake and CC screamed, hurdling over the gate at the bottom of the stairs and running into the kitchen.

"Oh lord." Alice and I groaned at the same time. After they ate, they all went home. I went upstairs to look at the new beds.

"They're so cute!" I cooed, looking at the two tiny beds.

"Yeah, and now we have a crib for the new baby."

"Yeah, about that." 

"Oh no, are you having second thoughts?" He sounded so upset.

"No, no, don't worry."

"Then what is it?" He asked and I sighed. I grabbed his hand and led him down the stairs to the couch in the living room.

"I think we should explore other options for conceiving."

"What do you mean?"

"All day, I've been looking into in vitro fertilization. I think it's a good option for us. I knew we were going to have less time for..trying, with the kids around, but last night showed me how hard it's really going to be."

"I don't know, it makes the whole process feel so...medical."

"I think it's our best chance Andy. The only issue is that it's expensive and it's not guaranteed."

"Whatever the cost, we'll do it. If it's what you want, then I'm down. I'll look into it a little bit and try to learn."

"I love you so much Andy." I smiled, wrapping my arms around him.

"I love you too ShyAnne." He said, rubbing my back.

************************************************************************

Should they try IVF?

 Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!