Chapter 125: Discussion

ShyAnne's POV

"Andy." I said as I walked out of the bedroom and into the living room. He ended up sleeping on the couch because he was still so angry.

"Yes?" He asked, pausing the TV.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I see your points. It would make a lot of the things we are struggling with less stressful. Can I explain to you calmly why, after consideration, I really don't want to go through with this?" I asked.

"Go ahead." He said. I sat down on the other couch and took a deep breath.

"After the amount of miscarriages I have suffered, I could never bring myself to willingly reduce one of my children. I'm so grateful that I have the chance to carry three babies and I'd rather run the risk of them being born with health issues then live with two children, knowing we could have had three."

"Thank you ShyAnne, that is all I wanted. Some consideration, some reflection."

"Do you really want to go through with this?"

"God no. I can't bring myself to do it either. Like I said, I just wanted you to think about it instead of shutting it down immediately." He explained.

"I love you Andy." I said with a smile.

"I love you too, now come give me a hug." He said, opening his arms. I got up and walked over to where he was, hugging him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me as close as possible to him.

"I hate when we fight." I sighed.

"Me too, but I'm glad our relationship is strong enough for us to overcome them." He said, lightly kissing the top of my head. I pulled away slightly so I could kiss his lips. We pulled apart after a while and smiled at each other. 

***

"So, we've made our decision about the procedure." I told my doctor after she turned off the ultrasound machine at my appointment a week later. The babies are healthy and developing normally which always makes me happy to hear.

"And what did you decide?" She asked, removing her gloves and throwing them away.

"We've decided not to have the procedure." I said, looking over at Andy with a smile. He nodded, smiling back at me. 

"Okay then, I look forward to delivering your three babies in October." She smiled. My doctor left and I redressed before going to make my next appointment. We got in the car and I let out a sigh.

"What's wrong babe?" Andy asked as he pulled out of the parking spot.

"Did we make the right decision?" I asked, looking out the window.

"ShyAnne, you're the one who was against it from the start. What on Earth are you talking about?"

"I don't know. I mean, what if the babies are born really early and don't survive but they could have if we reduced?"

"ShyAnne, we made the right decision. We both took time to weigh the pros and cons and agreed on a decision. Everything will be fine, I promise." He reassured me, grabbing my hand.

*******************************************************************************

Did they make the right decision?

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!