Chapter 42

Chapter 42

ShyAnne's POV

*One Month Later*

I'm a zombie. A functioning zombie, but a zombie none the less. I go to work and not much else. I have no motivation. If I didn't need to pay bills I wouldn't even go to work. I'm taking this breakup really hard. Like, really hard.

I did start seeing a therapist a week after our breakup. I decided I needed some professional help, especially with my weird attachment to San Francisco. She's slowly helping me get better with the idea of living in a different place.

I was sitting on my couch when I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see Andy on one knee, holding out a ring. I just stared at him, my jaw on the floor, as he had a big, cheesy grin on his face. I slowly reached out and pinched myself. Nope, not dreaming. I touched his face. Yup, he's real. My heart started to race and my palms got sweaty.

"ShyAnne Lynn Miller, I was a fool for breaking up with you. I realize now that I love you and only you. I want to love you and only you for the rest of my life. Please, marry me and stay in my life forever."

"No." I sighed.

"W-What?" He asked, snapping the ring box closed.

"I love you Andy, and I want to get back together. I think we should wait until our relationship is sturdy again to get engaged."

"Well, then do you want to go out with me?" He asked, standing up and scratching the back of his head. His hair had gotten longer in the month we'd been apart.

"But what about those issues?"

"We can find a way to make those work, all I know is I just want you." He said. I grabbed his hand and brought him inside and over to the couch.

"I've been seeing a therapist." I told him.

"Oh?"

"I have severe anxiety which has made me form such a close attachment to San Francisco. She's helping me learn to cope with that. I think, if you want me to move down to LA, I will."

"That'd be amazing, but I don't want to force you."

"All I'm asking for is a month. It gives me time to work with her in a few sessions about this and wrap my head around the whole idea."

"Deal!" He exclaimed with joy.

"Also, I'm pregnant." I said and his jaw dropped. I found out a week ago and have been freaking out since Andy and I weren't together.

"Are we...happy?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said. "I feel like I'll be a horrible mother, but I just know you're going to be an amazing father." He grabbed my face in his hands and looked me in the eyes.

"You will be an amazing mother. You're sweet and caring. You're not selfish, I was wrong. You're perfect ShyAnne and I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled, kissing his lips. 

"And I love this little one too." He said, touching my stomach.

"Don't forget we can still lose it." I said.

"I know, but I'm going to enjoy this moment for as long as it lasts." He smiled softly. "So, are you my girlfriend again?"

"Yes Andy." I giggled, kissing his nose.

"Mind if I stay the night?" 

"Not at all." I smiled, pulling him in for a hug.

*******************************************************************************

Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!