Chapter 39

Chapter 39

ShyAnne's POV

*One Month Later*

It's been a month since Andy's been discharged and he's doing really good. He's gotten his strength back and is getting better at the crutches. His parents have agreed to stay until he gets his cast off so that, in case he needs anything, I don't have to leave work in the middle of my shift. We set up a make shift bed for them in the living room so they don't have to keep paying for a hotel. I returned to work about a week after Andy came home and our whole situation has been working pretty well.

"ShyAnne!" My mom exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug. It was Christmas Eve and, since Andy's parents are in town, we decided to have a joint Christmas at my parents' house so our parents can meet each other finally.

"Hi mom." I said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek. I walked through the doorway to greet my dad.

"Andy, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better." She said, lightly hugging him.

"Thank you." He smiled. His hair had grown out a little since the surgery so he wasn't bald anymore.

"And you must be Chris and Amy! I'm Cindy and this is my husband James." My mom said, shaking Andy's parents' hands. 

"Very nice to meet you both. Thank you so much for having us over." Andy's mom said as they greeted my dad as well. They followed us in and I introduced his parents to the rest of my family. We all sat in the living room and talked, just catching up on life.

"So, when are you getting the cast off?" My dad asked.

"Next month." Andy said with a smile. "I've gotten pretty good with these bad boys." Andy said, gesturing to his crutches. After a bit  more socialization, I went in the kitchen with my mom to help her finish dinner. 

"Anything I can do to help?" Amy asked, poking her head in.

"Oh you don't have to."

"I insist! ShyAnne is always so helpful at my house, I can at least return the favor." My mom directed her to a task and off she went. We finished dinner and called everyone over as we set the food on the table. Everyone helped themselves and started digging in. After dinner, we hung out for a little bit more and then went home. My family doesn't really have any traditions and it's probably better for Andy is everything is a little more simple.

We showed up bright and early the next morning, my little cousins already running around, ready to open presents. My youngest cousin, who was seven, passed out all the presents to everyone. Andy and I, along with my parents, had gotten Chris and Amy some things so we made sure they had multiple things to open along with everyone else. 

We all opened presents one at a time, Andy giving me a beautiful diamond bracelet and me giving him a vinyl from one of his favorite bands. We finished up presents and spent the rest of the day with my parents before going back home.

"That was a good idea babe." Andy smiled at me as I drove us back to the apartment.

"Yeah, it was nice to meet your parents before the wedding." Amy joked.

"Moommmmm!" Andy groaned.

"I'm just kidding. It was really lovely to meet your parents though, ShyAnne. I'm not surprised how nice they were with how amazing you are."

"Thanks Amy." I smiled at her in the rearview mirror. I swerved into the shoulder a tiny bit and Andy tensed up, grabbing the door and the center console.

"Sorry baby." I said, patting his thigh. Andy's mostly okay with cars, but there are little things that freak him out, which is understandable. I try to be an extra cautious driver now for his sake. We got home and said goodnight to his parents before retreating to our bedroom. Andy and I got ready for bed and snuggled up together.

"I think that was one of the best Christmas'." Andy smiled at me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was nice seeing our family together, as one. Not having to split and only spend it with one half."

"Yeah, that was really nice." I smiled, kissing his forehead.

************************************************************************************

Sorry, I'm really bad at writing holiday chapters, but I just thought this would be a cute idea!

Please leave a comment below about what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!