Chapter 72

Chapter 72

ShyAnne's POV

I woke up to see Andy fast asleep on the cot and I smiled. 

"Good morning." The nurse smiled at me as she walked in. Andy let out a groan and sat up, looking over at me and the nurse. The nurse lifted my gown and checked my incision to make sure it wasn't infected or anything.  

"Your incision looks good, we can probably take our your catheter in a few hours." She said, writing down some things on my chart.

"Have you heard anything about my kids?" I asked with a hopeful smile.

"Their doctor will be in soon to discuss everything with you." She said and then left. I tossed my head back and let out a groan.

"I just want to be in the same room as my babies. I just want my babies." I started crying.

"It's okay sweetheart." Andy said, coming up to me and hugging me. I hugged him back, taking comfort in his touch. About ten minutes later, a doctor walked in, a nurse following him. I noticed she was pushing a bassinet.

"Andy." I gasped.

"Would you like to hold your daughter?" The nurse asked and I nodded. She picked the tiny baby out of the bassinet and placed her in my arms.

"Oh my god." I whispered, tears rolling down my face. Andy walked over and stroked the top of her head, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm Dr. Jameson, I'm on your childrens' case. Little Eliza here was strong enough to leave the NICU."

"That's wonderful." I smiled, in awe of my daughter.

"How's Elijah?" Andy asked.

"He's still on the vent, we haven't been able to being the weaning process yet. We're doing everything we can to strengthen his lungs. The good thing is, he's not declining."

"Do you have any timeframe of when he will be released?" I asked.

"We won't know until the weaning process begins. It takes about three days to wean off a vent, and then we would like to keep him for an additional day to make sure he stays off the vent." He explained.

"We can still go see him though, right?" I asked.

"Of course, the same precautions as before still need to be taken though."

"I understand, can his grandparents go see him?" Andy asked.

"We want to limit as much outside contact as possible. For now, the two of you are the only ones who can go inside to see him."

"Understood." I said, nodding. Him and the nurse left.

"You're so perfect." I whispered, looking down at my daughter.

"We're parents." Andy said with a smile.

"We are." I said. Just then Eliza opened her eyes.

"Hi Eliza, I'm your mommy." I cooed. "I'm a mommy." I said, looking up at Andy. "You made me a mommy."

"And you made me a daddy." He smiled, stroking his thumb across her forehead.

"I can't wait until your brother is better, then our family will be complete." I sighed, playing with her tiny hand. "Do you want to hold her?" I asked Andy and he nodded. I passed her off to him and I heard him let out a content sigh.

"Hi Eliza, I'm your daddy." He cooed, holding her close to his chest. He held her for a bit until she started crying. "Oh, oh no, what do I do?" He panicked.