Cadenza: Daughter of the Villainess is Poisonous LXII

Cadenza paid no heed to their actions and mind her own business.

"Are you still studying for the Science test?" Soarin's deep voice sounded.

Cadenza looked up and stared at his eyes flashing him with a 'Isn't obvious?' expression.

"Everyone's busy studying for the finals since the school year's about to end they're hyped for the summer vacation" Soarin sat on the opposite chair.

"Summer huh?" Cadenza thought for a while before resuming to read her book.

Soarin on the other hand was stealing glances at her.

Cadenza decided to ignore it but in her heart she need to confront both Soarin and Lu Youjing's feelings for her. She wanted to be honest and not give them false hope just like how she rejected Talon's romantic feelings towards her.

She knew herself better than anyone and she was not a kind of person that easily falls for someone and move on.

Her pride won't let her become someone that men would treat as an easy target.

She was no man-eater....the thought of herself in different men's embrace disgusts her.

She was no toy.....

She's the player...

"What is this?" Cadenza asked Ford as she held a stack of paper.

"Young miss, the madam arranged several young men with appropriate background that was checked throughly she wanted you see if any of them suits your taste" Ford spoke respectfully.

Without even opening it Cadenza threw it on the fireplace.

Why does her Hahaue [Mother] wanted her to have a boyfriend so badly while her Chichiue and brother despise men that would even dare glance at her.

Cadenza thought that her showing no interest in men worried her Hahaue that she would probably end up alone for the rest of her life but she shouldn't go to this extent but then Nikolay was also suffering the same fate as her.

Unfortunately their Hahaue has already long given up on him persuading him to have a girlfriend and already braced herself from the fact that Nikolay might really end up alone for the rest of his life considering his weird temperament.

She still remembered her Hahaue mentioning about wanting to have grandkids the thought of it brought chills to Cadenza. Cadenza knew her Hahaue's words were targeting towards her since she had already given up on her brother.

"Anyway I'm going out tonight" Cadenza spoke as she nonchalantly waved her hand to Ford dismissing him.

"I'm even starting to doubt if she's even into men" Ford mumbled as he walked away from the door.

"Why are you here?!" Lu Jingxing shouted at Cadenza.

Actually he was kind of happy that she visited them after a few days but he was furious why Cadenza visited them at such a bad timing.

"Ivan!!!!" Lu Jingxing shouted like a mother calling out his son for spending too much time in the computer.

Busted

Cadenza and Ivan looked at each other.

"You can't go" Lu Jingxing spoke seriously as he intently stared at Cadenza.

"Are you the one that feeds me? Cloth me?  Spends money for me to go to school?" Cadenza asked.

"No" Lu Jingxing raised his brow, what does it have to with this?

"Then you can't order me what to do" Cadenza indifferently replied as she covered her face with a black face mask as she was dressed as a man again.

"..." Lu Jingxing

The gang also looked at Lu Jingxing with empathy as they followed Cadenza out of the building.

"Such a wise person" Ivan clutched his heart dramatically as if he just heard divine words coming from a virtuous person.

"..." Lu Jingxing looked at Ivan with a serious stare.

Idiot

-Red district-

The Red district is located in the most corner part of the Sanctum city where Lu Jingxing and the Snake clan along with other clans reside. It is a place only for people that likes to bet between two fighters in the ring and a place for gambling and other vices.

When Cadenza heard gambling as if her adrenaline filled her body she became hyper.

"Lend me one thousand" Cadenza asked towards Ivan as she stretched out her hand.

"I thought you're rich" Ivan asked as he clutched his cute turtle wallet.

"I didn't bring money" Cadenza replied honestly.

"Just this once" Ivan reluctantly gave her a one thousand bill which Cadenza immediately took and went to the gambling place.

"Watch over her" Lu Jingxing spoke towards one member of the gang.

"If isn't the Snake clan?" a mocking voice could be heard.

It was the leader of the Kōmori clan, Koshi and his gang.

"What are you guys doing here? Amongst the gangs in the Sanctum city you guys have the least number of people and you know the number of members determines the strength" Koshi laughed mockingly.

"The number of members determines the strength?" Lu Jingxing laughed mockingly as he repeated Koshi's words.

"Yesterday I just beat up seven guys from Eagle clan, there were seven of them and I'm alone yet they still got defeated even though with their dominant number doesn't it conflict with your words?" Ivan retorted belittling Koshi with a provoking smile.

"Aren't you guys getting fired up even before the actual main event started?" Yohann smiled as he stared at them, the Wolf clan behind him were gossiping and his elder brother, the leader, was staring at the heated tension between the two clans..

The other small clans have also gathered around the Red district. The Red district's infamous Battle Royale has started, Thebes, the place where the Battle Royale is held.

In the quadrangle was placed with a huge boxing ring surrounded by a rusty steel cage where the people working in the Red district doesn't even bother to clean up the blood that has tainted the steel cage.

A dozen people are placed inside and the audience would bet among the dozen who will be the winner. It's all about money and game......and some blood.

"If isn't the day we are all waiting for?" the man spoke as he adjusted his shades with his hand filled with gold rings.

His black hair with white streaks made him look cool, his gold dangling jewelries hanging over his body and oversized faux fur coat screamed nouveau riche. If Cadenza was here she wouldn't even have the courage to look at him and criticize him for having such a bad taste in clothing.

His name was Montoya the most respectable person in the Red district.

"Won't you look at your faces? So intense!!" Montoya spoke as he grunts in excitement like a mad man.

The women beside him laughed along with his crazy persona.

Gold diggers

Lu Jingxing thought as he stared at them disgustingly.

"Well then shall we start?" Montoya clapped his hands as he revealed an ambiguous smile while rubbing his hand in excitement.