LXXV

-1 day being hostage-

Nikolay still don't know what move to make, his men has already reviewed the blue print of the National Museum yet his men on the Police and ZITA has reported that all openings and exits are all blocked, windows are blocked as well that their snipers could not see anything. It was as if the enemies are hiding inside a box and the people could not see what is happening on the inside that makes them afraid to open it, since it only takes just one wrong move and it could trigger the enemies' bomb.

With the earpiece of the enemies they could communicate very easily, if he made a move and the enemies finds out alerting their comrades he will put his sister's life in danger.

"I am still developing a virus that could counter the virus that those b*stards have" Winstance replied as he continued to type on his laptop.

"Nikolay can I have my little brother replace me?" He added as he pointed the dark circles on his eyes, he cannot focus on something when he lacks sleep.

"Call him" Nikolay spoke while he was still busy making calls.

"They have yet make contact with the police, I am sure that they are after the ransom but we could not guarantee your sister's safety when the Police and ZITA make a mistake" Desmund stated as he handed an old newspaper which has a picture of a girl.

"Thirteen years ago there was also a hostage taking of a girl, the guys wanted 30 million ransom but the Police and ZITA miscalculated the situation and triggered the kidnappers which the suspects accidentally pulled the trigger of the gun and killed the girl" he added as gave more information about the old incident.

"Although the police and ZITA might be more careful this time since His highness is there, but the parents of those students in the Royal Academy have the power to make unnecessary movements" Desmund continued as he spoke in a low tone.

"F*ck!" Nikolay cursed as he sat on the chair.

Why must Cadenza be put in danger everytime she goes out of the mansion?

Nikolay thought, if there weren't any police and ZITA he could have just send assassins and his men to infiltrate the damn museum. Wait until this is over and he will bombed each museums across all eight sectors.

"They are releasing another batch of students!!" Desmund pointed at the screen as another group of students are being released, their hands are on the back of their heads and their uniforms showed that they came from another school, their faces showed an expression of horror and relief as they were finally being freed.

"They still yet made contact or stated what they are after but surely they wanted money but why are they making this so long?" Nikolay stated as he finally calmed down.

"I heard your parents are already in the country" Desmund spoke towards Nikolay expecting answers from him. Desmund despite being considered dead in his family he still wanted to look out for his little brother.

Knowing that he was one of the students locked inside the museum, he was still worried. Ever since he and Damien are still children their father had already imprinted their minds about their duties as a member of the Quintavious family that is incharged of ZITA and protecting the royal family. Damien was forced to get close to the prince with the label of 'being the prince's friend' when in reality he was just put there to monitor the prince's actions.

"Mom said Cadenza could handle herself in such situation and no need to worry while dad was forced to not take any actions by her" Nikolay replied while gritting his teeth.

He knew how much their mother put Cadenza in training and pressuring her to know how to defend for herself but not taking actions despite knowing that Cadenza is in danger is outrageous.

"It seems like your mom and grandfather really have a strong faith in Cadenza but your father is totally under your mother" Salvador replied with a forced smile.

"She can't kill!!!!" Nikolay shouted as he felt pressured by the situation.

His words startled Winstance, Salvador and Desmund.

"I thought she was trained by your family assassins?" Winstance asked furrowing his brows.

For a member of Mafia family that cannot kill is considered as weak

He thought as he contemplated about the situation.

"She can watch other people kill others without batting an eye yet everytime she is trained to kill she hesitates" Nikolay spoke as his body slumped on the chair feeling exhausted.

"Is it even necessary to kill?" Desmund asked.

With much power in the mafia protecting her with so many guards is not a problem. Is it a must to even stain her hands as a pampered daughter?

Desmund could not understand what Nikolay was over worrying about. His family controls over ZITA and each member of their family are guarded with securities even though other members of their family does not involved themselves in the family work.

"In case Nikolay dies who do you think the whole Mafia will be passed on?" Salvador stared at Desmund with his cold and piercing gaze.

"If a boss of a Mafia family cannot get his or her hands dirty do you think people will follow that person?" Winstance spoke in a low tone as he put his hands on his pockets.

"The people in the Underworld society only follows someone who is merciless, and capable. People who cannot kill and fears death have no place in the Underworld society" In a matter of seconds Winstance took out a gun from his pocket and aimed at Desmund's head.

"Tell me Desmund in a dangerous place filled with people who are preying on you will you follow someone that cannot kill?" Winstance his dangerous tone rang inside the room making it feel as if the temperature dropped with the lingering coldness on his tone.

If someone as genius as you cannot understand how the world in the Underworld society works then there is no need for your existence

Winstance thought as he scruntinizingly stared at Desmund.