IX

"You can't possibly be.." Soarin shifted his eyes towards Cadenza's desk and was surprised to see her desk neatly arranged and the board was filled with answers.

Soarin loosened his grip and went over to Cadenza's desk to look to prove that she really finished her tasks. While Cadenza took this opportunity to sneak out of the room.

Both of their phones were confiscated by the Headmaster and she has no way of contacting her brother. Barging to the Headmaster's office is quite impossible but finding her cousin is quite possible but her cousin's phone probably has been confiscated too since athletes aren't allowed to use cellphones during training.

"What could possibly make a beautiful girl like you to have such a troubled look?" Lu Youjing spoke as he gave Cadenza a charming smile.

Hold it!!

Cadenza spoke to herself as she tightly gripped her first. Admist the trouble she's currently in, a narcissistic person suddenly pop out of nowhere hindering her from calling her brother.

But it seems like it isn't so bad after all.

"My cousin got into an accident and hasn't woke up and I've been worried sick, I just want to ask my aunt if my cousin is already awake but the Headmaster confiscated my phone" Cadenza put on a pitiful expression with her eyes currently in the brink of bursting into tears.

"Can I please borrow yours?" Cadenza looked at Lu Youjing with her tearful expression.

Lu Youjing fished out his phone and teasingly held it above Cadenza's head.

"Under one condition" Lu Youjing gave a playful smile.

Cadenza felt like a pitiful fish trapped in a pond pondering whether to take the bait or not.

"Ok" Cadenza agreed as she took Lu Youjing's phone and dialed her brother's number.

Nikolay just finished bathing and has yet to change clothes, his hair was still damped with water and his muscular figure was still wet. Upon seeing an unknown caller Nikolay hesitated a bit.

"Hello-"

"Cousin!!" hearing his sister's deafening voice Nikolay felt like his eardrums is going to explode.

Cousin? Wtf ?

Nikolay is still confused on what games his sister playing this time.

"Whatever you are doing STOP, you are getting yourself KILLED. You are TRAPPING yourself between life and death..." not finishing Cadenza's words he already knew what she was implying.

The Black District thing is a trap.

Ending the call between her act infront of an audience, she had never felt so shamed before. Lu Youjing was covering his mouth as he let out small laughs.

"He's an ungrateful person" Cadenza spoke with her innocent smile as she stuffed Lu Youjing's hand with his phone and ran away.

Interest rose in Lu Youjing's heart, no girl was able to treat him like this before.
"Little girl you can run but not for long"

Cadenza entered the dining room, she was a bit hungry and needed some food to restore her energy. Walking towards the dessert table she was enlighted when there's a Matcha cake available her favorite but what's more enlightening is that she saw a familiar back figure and a little moment later that person revealed half of his face.

It was a short moment but it made Cadenza's day.

Soarin was still busy reviewing his notes when a cold thing touched his face he was a bit startled, he looked up and saw Cadenza holding a yogurt with a smiling face. At that moment he actually felt like her face is actually very pleasing to his eyes.

"Take it you haven't eaten anything since we got here" Cadenza's words woke Soarin in reality.

"Leave it" he responded as he continued his review.

Clemence took Cadenza out of the campus to a fancy restaurant.

"Big brother Clemy it's really nice of you to take me out for lunch, I wish my brother was this considerate" Cadenza acted like a spoiled kid as she hugged Clemence's arm.

"Hasn't he always takes good care of you?" Clemence patted Cadenza's head.

"He always scolds me and hasn't even bothered to show me around the city" Cadenza looked at her cousin with her pitiful eyes.

Night has ascended and Cadenza directly went to her room after dinner. She laid on her bed covering her flushed face, Cadenza rolled on her bed several times in excitement. She finally saw his face personally after all these years, as expected her Prince Charming is indeed handsome, noble and masculine.

Cadenza opened her phone to check her social media, Lu Youjing's face kept appearing in her news feed. It seems like Lu Youjing and his band is going to have a concert this weekend but who cares who wants a narcissistic idol when she can have a noble prince.

Unexpectedly this Lu Youjing has tons of fans and crazy people chasing after him. Upon remembering their truce she's sure that this guy will haunt her in school. Imagining about it makes Cadenza shiver in fright.

"Did older brother made things tough
for you two again?" Cadenza spoke as she looked at Salvatore and Winston who are sitting on the car half-asleep.

"He said our combat skills are terrible so he made us run 15 kilometers, 200 push ups..." Winston responded, he didn't even finish his sentence when he closed his eyes.

"Your brother is terrible" he added as he patted Salvatore's head who was sleeping beside him.

Cadenza finally arrived at school and was ready to go straight to the Headmaster's office when suddenly a hand grabbed her collar at the back and dragged Cadenza to a isolated place.

Cadenza pretended to be a little scared as she faced Lu Youjing's face.

"About yesterday I couldn't take my hunger and ran towards the dining room" Cadenza replied awkwardly as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"About the condition, I want you to attend my concert this weekend, on Saturday"

He wanted her to what? Cadenza thought she heard him wrong.

He wanted this esteemed young miss to take great pains to attend his concert by waiting in long lines and enter a very crowded place where fan girls would make deafening shrieks and pushing each other not to mention she have to wait several hours before the concert starts to secure a nice spot. What's worse of all she had to interact with so many people what about the germs passing a person one after another? This young miss is a clean freak!!

"Is that all?" Cadenza looked at him suspiciously.

"Here" Lu Youjing handed Cadenza a ticket.

"Don't worry it's VIP" Lu Youjing patted Cadenza's shoulder to reassure her.

At this moment for the first time in her life Cadenza didn't know how to react.