Cadenza: Daughter of the Villainess is Poisonous XII

The sudden death of the oldest son of the Quintavious family spread like and wildfire. It was said that he was found dead in his burned down house.

The whole Quintavious family is mourning for his death and there were also many people that attended his funeral.

"How does it feel watching your own funeral?" a man spoke with his deep and serious voice. He was referring to Desmund who sat opposite to him.

"Very melancholy" Desmund replied.

"Doesn't seem so" the man replied, he was wearing a familiar black suit with an embroidered gold dragon on his shoulder that reached his arm. He was the Golden Dragon Mafia's consigliere, Collin Ivanov.

-Earlier-

"Si vis pacem, para bellum" 

Desmund read the note with his low voice. Suddenly there's a click sound behind him, that sound he clearly knew what it was, it was a gun pointed at him.

"Such fine young man shouldn't butt in into adults' business" the man's voice was low and cold. Even though Desmund's back was facing him, he could feel the other side's extremely cold and penetrating gaze. That gaze isn't something that anyone could just possess, a gaze that only experienced people who have murdered countless lives own.

Desmund clearly understood the meaning behind his words, he shouldn't have dug informations about the Golden Dragon Mafia. The day he started collecting information he was sure they had already had their eyes set on him.

"I'm afraid it's my job and I'm paid to do so" Desmund replied maintaining his calm demeanour.

"Such bravery is a waste for a dying young man" Collin spoke as he held his gun closer to Desmund's head.

"However if you could successfully decipher those words we'll let you live and join the Mafia but if you can't then you'll just have to bid goodbye permanently, it's the rule" Collin added, the words he was referring to are the words written in the card.

"What if I could comprehend the words but I don't want to be a part of the Mafia would you let me live?" Desmund faced Collin with his sharp gaze.

"Young man you make me laugh, your words betrays what's exactly in your heart. Do you really want to continue being a part of the Royal family's dogs? Follow rules and laws spreading hypocrisy. You exactly knew you had a vast potential to be a part of something great and change the system yet you have to keep a low profile since someone serving under the Royal family can't outshine the heir of the throne" Collin laughed with mockingly.

"What makes you think you are better? Committing crimes here and there? Spending money and living in luxury that came from illegal means, killing and executing people as you wish" Desmund spoke as his fists tightened.

"We earn our money through illegal means and business but at least we obtain it with our own strength unlike you being paid with the money of the citizens that they had worked hard to receive so they can meet both their needs and ends but taken from them to pay as taxes. Only a quarter goes to make projects in the country and even exaggerating them to the people so they can see where their money goes but where did most of their money went? It's just too impossible to say that it just vanished into thin air, well of course most of it goes to pay for the Royal Family's expenses living in luxury. We kill because we had to, this is the underground society where only the strongest can survive. What? You expect us to compete using rainbows and flowers? The Underground society has also rules to follow, those who contradict them were instantly wiped out, what makes you think putting criminals in jail will make them have a change of heart? According to our records there are more number of people who contradicts your laws than the number of people who breaks the laws in the Underground society. Stop being delusional and see what's really true"