Cadenza: Daughter of the Villainess is Poisonous XXXVI

Ever since Talon transferred to Royal Academy he couldn't muster up his courage to talk to Cadenza remembering their first encounter it was so terrible that Cadenza probably must have thought of him as a klutz...which she really did though.

He ended up being teased by his groupmates nonstop.

After transferring to Royal Academy and it has already been days he still hasn't confessed to her yet until he found out something which pushed him to finally face Cadenza.

"I'm sorry but the so called feelings that you have for me please kill it. I have no reason to give you false hope knowing that I can't give you the same feelings that you have for me" Cadenza's words were polite but the way she spoke them is heartless.

Talon was silent as he lowered his head Cadenza couldn't clearly see his expression and assumed he was disappointed just as she expect. Cadenza felt she has nothing more to say and was about to leave.

Talon wanted to pull Cadenza in his embrace yet he didn't and teasingly spoke.

"I didn't expect the sweet and lovely Caddy would be so harsh" a smile appeared on Talon's face.

Cadenza stopped on her tracks and looked at him with a surprised look.

Caddy

There's only one person that was permitted to call her that. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at Talon suspiciously.

"Don't you remember your very first friend?" Talon asked as he raised his brow while folding his arms still holding the bouquet on his hand.

Cadenza scrutinized her gaze as she looked at Talon. Her first ever friend, how could she forget.

When she was a toddler she remembered her Hahaue bringing over a beautiful girl who was a year older than her. Her hair was a beautiful platinum blonde and her bangs were so long that you could barely see her eyes and her voice was sweet as candy.

She was a daughter of one of her Hahaue's close friends.

Every weekend they would come over to the mansion and Cadenza and her would play with each other for a whole day. They would be inseparable and that lasted for about a year then sadly they stopped coming over. Cadenza was so sad that she won't come out of her room and had a hunger strike that's when her Chichiue introduced her to Winston and Salvatore to fill in the missing space in her heart.

"But my first ever friend was a girl" Cadenza replied.

"Is she?" Talon teased as he gave a familiar grin.

That cheeky grin...how could Cadenza forget it.

"Lonnie?" Cadenza blurted.

Lonnie was Talon's nickname that was given to him by her mom. His mom always wanted to have a daughter but couldn't so when Talon was still a little kid his mom kept his long hair and would sometimes dress him up as a girl. Those days became Talon's greatest nightmares.

"H-how?" Cadenza asked astonished as she ran towards Talon and held his face close to hers inspecting him carefully and saw that familiar mole on his neck.

"Surprised?" Talon teased.

"No wonder you always wear shorts" one of Cadenza's biggest childhood questions has finally been answered.

"How long did you know about this?" Cadenza asked as she wore a rare sincere smile.

"Yesterday when I saw this" Talon answered as his hand swept Cadenza's hair revealing her earrings.

It was a beautiful pair of Cherry blossom shaped earrings that was made out of pink diamonds and a long dangling gold chain was attached to it making it more beautiful. It was Talon's parting gift before his family moved to a different sector because of the power struggle in their family and the thing the Cadenza gave in return was her black titanium ring that was hanging on her necklace that originally belonged to her great great great grandfather which was given to her by her great grandpa as a gift which symbolizes power in the Mafia.

That time when her family found out it was missing Cadenza lied that she took off her necklace and it accidently slipped off her hand and sunk into the water luckily that time they were riding a yacht so her excuse was on point.

The black titanium ring was now a fit in Talon's finger.

"You still kept it in a good condition" Talon spoke it was a custom made earrings that he especially requested as a gift on Cadenza's birthday yet sadly it became a parting gift.

"You too" Cadenza replied and both of them chuckled the atmosphere between them was harmonious.

"And what's with the roses and all these
poems and letters?" Cadenza amused.

"I did have feelings for you Cadenza" Talon admitted.

"But I didn't expect that before I could have express them properly I immediately got rejected" Talon added as he gripped his chest and showed a painful expression in a dramatic way.

"And here I am thinking that you would be a great sister in law until I found out that you are a man" Cadenza laughed.

"Is your brother still scary as ever?" Talon asked as he scratched his head.

"He's a tyrant" Cadenza joked then her eyes went gloomy.

"These past few years why didn't you visit me?" Cadenza asked in a sad tone.

"When my grandfather died the head position of the family was given to my father even though he was the youngest son and you know how it works when it comes to family inheritance the oldest were given the most rights. My uncles and my father never had a close relationship to begin with and it was even more severed when my father became the head of the family. My father's position was really unstable and he can't fully establish his foothold in Titus since his brothers held more power than him and can easily strip his title and  easily step on him so we had to move to another sector so my father could widen his sources and snatch what should have been ours. My mother's family soon declined and it was all thanks to my step-grandmother and her bastard daughter that kept spending money like water not only that they also made my mother's life harder" Talon answered his eyes filled with pain and grief it was obvious how hardship his parents and him gone through.

"I'm sorry" Cadenza replied as she gently held his hand.

"Actually I should be thanking you and your family. It was your family that helped us to retrieved my father's position and power and it was also your family that helped us set up my step-grandmother and her daughter relating to my maternal grandfather's death and was able to throw them in jail. Caddy these past few years I didn't forgot about you it's just it's been so long that I didn't know how to face you sometimes I would stare at the island where your house is and would reminiscence about our childhood memories.....But now I didn't have to worry since the woman I like and my childhood friend is the same girl" Talon spoke his last phrase with a cheeky grin as he tightened his grip in Cadenza's hand and pulled her into his embrace.