5.9 - Her Good Boy - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

Start from the beginning

"Yes sir." The chauffeur nodded his head as he lowered the temperature of the luxury car even lower. His attire was similar to that of a first-class-butler. Their company focuses on premium transport services.

"Lu Kai, twenty-two years old..." Lu Kai began to answer her questions slowly. He had passed away at eighteen, only to transmigrate into an eighteen-year-old body again, "I'm currently in Avrona, on my way to the airport. I had plans to attend a conference in Solis for a new project, but I'll postpone it to meet up with you first."

Bing Shi replied, "If it's important–"

"No. It's not important," Lu Kai interrupted, emphasizing each word. "It's. Not. Important."

Bing Shi laughed at his blatant lie, "As if I'd believe you'd attend something unimportant. You'll either pick me up in Country C, or I attend your meeting to see you in action myself."

"I'll pick you up," Lu Kai replied, covering his mouth to hide his excited smile. He immediately contacted his assistant, providing Bing Shi's address, and added, "Do you want me to bring you some souvenirs? Avrona's sweet potatoes?"

Bing Shi squealed in joy, "Triple YES!"

He chuckled. They continued chatting as if they'd known each other for decades. After a long chatting session, he asked, "Do you smoke?"

"No, don't tell me I used to smoke in the past?" Bing Shi shook her head in disbelief. "Oh no, my battery is dyin–"

The connection between them suddenly cut off.

"You did, but...." Lu Kai pumped his temple against the car's window, "...you quit for me." He took a deep breath and called his assistant, "When is my next flight?"

The surprised male assistant, who had been waiting at the airport, quickly searched for a flight to another country without questioning. "The earliest flight to Pujing City is in five hours."

The impatient Lu Kai couldn't wait for so long, "Get me a private jet."

'What the heck?!' The assistant scratched his head in confusion but complied.

This renewable energy and equipment manufacturing giant would fly business class at most. Lu Kai could afford the skies but still lived in a one-bedroom apartment. One would think he was a cheapskate or humble, but no. He followed the 'Make money first, buy toys later' rule. He would sometimes splurge on odd things. Like building a secret passage for his baby in the underground garage.

· · ──────── · ⊱❈⊰· ──────── · ·

As Lu Kai stepped inside the private jet, he heard a female voice coming from behind the closed doors, and a flight attendant who seemed to be eavesdropping on what appeared to be a heated argument between a couple.

"I've been your contracted lover for three months already, Quin Yu, and you never said how you feel towards me. Please, Quin Yu, I don't care about your money, I only want you to love me. Nothing more," her voice trembled, as if on the verge of breaking down, "Please, Quin Yu."

"Get off the plane," a cold voice responded with no trace of warmth, "You breached the contract the second you confessed."

"Why? No, I didn't!" The famous actress started to cry hysterically, "You still don't love me? After all the sēx we had?!"

"So? You knew I don't engage in love, and you still asked for it." The man ordered his hefty guard to escort the woman out and glared at the closed doors. His tone was icy and menacing, "The one who's been listening to the whole time, get here!"

Lu Kai leaned against the wall, crossing his arms, and glanced at the flight attendant who had her ear pressed to the door. "Is this soap opera performance part of my premium services?"

Hearing Quin Yu's ruthless order, Aoi Hong never felt so scared in her life before, and when she heard another male's voice behind, she jumped in shock. Turning around, she only saw a silhouette of a tall man walking towards the exit. The white coat... Was he a doctor?

Lu Kai didn't listen to the whole conversation, so it had nothing to do with him. He called his assistant, thinking that there must have been a mistake in assigning an unprofessional flight crew member with pigtails and fake black-rimmed glasses to his flight. If that girl was attempting to go undercover as a flight attendant, she had failed miserably.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Aoi Hong had just transmigrated into this body, and not only was her job as a host at risk, but her job as a journalist! She wasn't a genuine flight attendant or journalist. She was merely a side character who would end up as a stepping stone for the female lead.

The female lead's company forced her to interview the most mysterious and dangerous, Quin Yu! Unfortunately, the female lead got sick. Afraid of losing her job, she asked Aoi Hong to go in her stead.

The previous Aoi Hong, as the female lead's best friend, didn't have a choice but to give the real flight attendants some laxatives at the airport. Fortunately, she was lucky enough to pass through the security check.

But that was where the previous Aoi Hong would meet her demise. Entangling herself with the wrong man, the initially innocent girl would change beyond recognition. For Quin Yu's love and affection, the previous Aoi Hong would turn viciously jealous.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Aoi Hong watched how the burly guard carried the famous actress out. She hurriedly used her spy camera attached to her shirt button to take a picture, planning to use it for future blackmail against Quin Yu.

When their eyes met, Aoi Hong was paralyzed with shock. Quin Yu had black hair and eyes as deep as the abyss. Sitting on the leather couch, he was a hundred times more handsome than any man she had ever seen.

Considering she hadn't met many people in her past, having spent most of her life in a hospital, his beauty was unparalleled. Even famous actors and idols would pale in comparison to his perfect face and physique. It was no wonder the famous actress had begged at his feet. His beauty was practically a crime!

And now, that stunning man was glaring at Aoi Hong with icy intensity, as if he could freeze her on the spot. He exuded an aura of danger that made her legs quiver with anxiety.