5.9 - Her Good Boy - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

Bing Shi lightly brushed her nose with the back of her palm. The bridge was a bit shorter, but it sported a subtle curve that she found rather cute. She understood when an ugly person would want surgery, but a person who was already beautiful like Silika?

She guessed it was due to the entertainment industry's and public's harsh conditions.

When Bing Shi thought about how she would finally take a breaker from being world-famous, the HQ threw this mission at her.

She shoved the bad thoughts at the back of her mind immediately, squealing in joy internally when baby Shiro appeared before her eyes.

'Aaaah, I'm too happy!'

Her ebony eyes dimmed a bit when she realized that Xuan Mu lost his memories again.

'Didn't HQ give him a system to retain his memories?'

She read Xuan Mu's messages prior to his appearance in this world from baby Shiro. They did give him an apparatus similar to a system. Did he make an error while altering the time line? It seemed like it, as there was NO WAY he would willingly wait for four years without her.

'Xuan Mu...'

'Who are you this time?'

'Well, whatever. It seems like whoever he is, he has been expecting my arrival, which is a GOOD sign, ah!'

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

• A year ago...

• A renowned psychologist pointed at the seat next to him, "Lukas, why don't you take a seat and we'll have a little chat?"

• Sitting in the armchair, Lu Kai hid his annoyance as he looked up at the ceiling of his psychologist's office, which had a relaxing and homely feeling to it, 'Ask me one more time how the fūck I feel, Imma fūcking lose my mind.'

• Why couldn't Lu Kai enjoy life as it was? He no longer suffered from that disease, yet the longer he existed, the more he wanted to put a trigger up his temple and squeeze it.

• Lord, he knew he wasn't a saint. But tell him what he did to deserve this constant pain. What did he do to deserve this invisible hurt? When all he ever did was put everybody first?

• Not feeling like having a chat, Lu Kai asked for some pills, "I just need something to reduce this irritation."

• "Lu Kai, I can't just give you..."

• "Then I'll be on my way," Lu Kai stood up and left the office. Tilting his head at his ring, his anxiety increased, 'This is driving me nuts. Why the hell am I waiting for her to show up when I don't even know if she will?'

· · ──────── · ⊱❈⊰· ──────── · ·

Current time...

"Woah, my eyes haven't changed, have they?" Bing Shi examined her past self. Ru Quan had often spoken about little monster, and there was her life as a nun too. Discovering that they had met in the past again came as a pleasant surprise.

"Did you draw that? What's your name? How old are you? Where are you? Can we meet up? Oh, I'm so excited. I can't stop talking," she said, covering her mouth and giggling. "Your turn. Your turn."

"I... I've taken a few art classes," Lu Kai admitted, tugging at his collar as his body temperature soared. It was such a novel-like sensation. Her swift acceptance of Xue Bi's existence filled him with ecstasy.

Lu Kai rolled down the privacy screen. "Could you lower the temperature?" he asked the 'taxi' driver. He requested a taxi from his assistant, not this extravaganza.