5.55 - Fired - The Sleepless Elite's wife

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═════════════════╝

"I feel like smashing someone's head with an expensive bottle of wine," Bing Shi sighed in refreshment after rinsing her mouth, "Taking his woman away should do the job of calming me down."

'Until now, why did I have to deal with the leads as problematic adults?'

Fortunately, Mo Luwei was not a part of her mission. She was free to treat him however she wanted as long as she didn't break his soul. Even if she killed him, his soul would remain intact. It wasn't an easy thing to break his soul anyway.

'I always found that strange...'

'Wouldn't it be easier for us to go to the lead's past and raise them as kids?'

The problem didn't appear because of their childhood, and their chances of becoming a female lead would be higher. One simply couldn't change what had already happened; however, one could change the future by preventing what had gone wrong in the past...

But then again, going back in time was like altering the present. Everything that has been known would change.

The leads could change at any given moment, from the smallest accident. Memories, dear or traumatic, could also be changed too; but throughout all these changes, the souls of the leads would always remain in the present.

The reason why Kuro was taking so long to appear was probably because of the time flow between the universes. It also explained why Xuan Mu waited for four years.

He didn't travel to the past... He distorted the present.

Bing Shi rubbed his arm, "Hubby, after I finish my mission, I want to work in Binfinity. Can I?"

Lu Kai's body tensed as his mind tumbled back. He narrowed his eyes as he bluntly told Bing Shi, in a no-nonsense tone, "You can't."

Xuan Mu made her lean against him. Acting as support, he helped her walk slowly out of the restroom, "Didn't you want to build a skyscraper?"

Bing Shi contemplated what she would want to do. She mused aloud as she forced more of her weight onto Xuan Mu, "There are so many things I want to do..." She muttered as an afterthought, "Too many things, I think."

"Be a good girl, and focus on your recovery." Xuan Mu said as he pressed a light kiss on her cheek. Despite how soothing he sounded, he would roughly pinch at her bottom with his thumb and pointer finger.

"Don't stir up too much trouble, I might get territorial," Ru Quan fondly whispered as he leaned his head down to peck softly at her opened lips, "Leave the dirty jobs to me."

"Yes, sir!" Bing Shi gave him an energetic smile and strode back to the private dining room. As the sounds of her footsteps bounced off the hallway walls in a merry tune, she would absently think to herself.

'There are too many people in that room...'

'~ Nothing can be done about that.'

'I want to go home...'

'~ No, no, take care of Silika Lin's nudes first.'

'I've got a hold of Su Min. Mo Luwei won't dare to post them online.'

'~ That's not enough... Holding his woman isn't enough. Let's go put his villa on fire.'

'Hubby said not to stir up too much trouble.'