5.60 - A Little Rebel - The Sleepless Elite's wife

╔════ Author's note ═════╗

Edited by Psycho S.

╚═══════════════════╝

"A little rebel, a little rebel, there is a little rebel... in... meee and youuu..." humming a new song, Bing Shi walked towards the bus station and used a bus as her means of travel.

It was nicer when people looked up to her than down at her. Bing Shi didn't want any bad rumors to be spread around her anymore, really, it didn't feel good to be misjudged. She wanted to build an unshakable reputation for herself. If she had to choose between a slave or a rebel, she could do both. Everything came to a single fact and that was if she liked the king or not.

'In chess, there is a queen and a king. They're the most powerful pieces on the board.'

'Then there are the players who control the pieces on the board.'

'Then, there's me... I don't fit on the board, and I'm not a player. I have no place here... Chess is far too serious for my tastes.'

'How does one make a game of chess more exciting?'

'The Queen of chess used to be the weakest piece on the board, and look how much she evolved. It's a proof that rules could be changed.'

'Shall I come up with a new chess variant?'

'Oh, my...'

'Bwahaha.'

'Did all that power finally get to my head?'

'Ah, it doesn't matter... As long as I don't end up being like Mo Luwei, everything is fine.'

Seeing all the cruel things a human could do, especially in ancient times, Mo Luwei just didn't seem so scary... Hell, not even the apocalypse could compare to the ancient times when it came to merciless brutality; not to mention how normal torture was back then...

Also, Bing Shi didn't have to protect her people against a clan of folks who wished to seek revenge and random assassination attempts. In fact, besides herself, she didn't need to take responsibility for anyone.

She felt as though this was a nice change of pace. Instead of being a big boss or something, she was now a tiny employee— she would even go so far as to say that she was practically a nobody on the internet if one ignored the headlines that wanted to milk her spicy reputation.

Yet, still, despite the change of pace, she couldn't shake off a feeling of restlessness in her heart.

There was a constant pressure inside of her that said she had to work, work, work without rest. This strong pressure was formed by her bad habits and now, because of the pressure that convinced her she had to always work, she was incapable of taking a break.

(Silika Lin): Now is a perfect time to get yourself a few shares. Fighting! 🤞 #LiJieForCEO

(Li Jie): Why don't you go tell your husband that? These scandals are not enough to shake Mo Luwei's firm standing in the company.

It was normal for men, even married ones, to have 'scandals' with various women, and very rarely did these scandals damage their careers. It was sad, really, how common these scandals happened — at the end of the day, no one raised an eyebrow at the cheaters who were benefiting from the patriarchy in the 'business' world.

Of course, Bing Shi knew that, having dipped her toes in the business world herself. Instead of allowing these societal norms to affect her negatively, she chose to navigate them strategically.