4.14 - Stay strong - Dangerous Angels

Fei Lan watched the unfolding scene from her hidden point, her frustration with Ru Quan growing stronger by the second. How could he possibly think that seeking refuge in the house of a human trafficker was a wise decision? And of all people, he chose Bing Shi? It was beyond comprehension to her.

They had only just met that morning, barely even acquaintances. 'Trusting so blindly will only lead to a disaster. They're both so naive,' she thought, rolling her eyes in disdain. The situation only seemed to confirm her suspicions about their lack of awareness.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Standing near the entrance of the mansion, Bing Shi cautiously peeked out from behind the door, her sharp gaze tracking the movements of a dark silhouette.

'Ah, it seems like everyone is taking advantage of me today.'

Ru Quan's figure blended into the shadows, moving with swift and practiced steps that allowed him to traverse the garden in mere seconds. He effortlessly scaled a high brick wall, his movements fluid and precise from countless repetitions. At first, there seemed to be no safe haven. But what about Little Monster? She was far from secure...

Ru Quan had to create a secure place for Fei Lan by threatening Hasan's life, Bing Shi's so-called meatshield. In his calculated strategy, he took down fifteen guards and ten servants, exerting pressure on Bing Shi. Unaware of her true strength, he took advantage of the person she was looking for and put his life at risk (by making her believe that he was the person she was looking for, even though he might not be him).

Now, thanks to Fei Lan, he had an excuse to visit little monster more often. Moreover...

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

A few moments later...

Fei Lan adopted an expression of gratitude, bowing slightly as Bing Shi guided them to a spacious and opulently furnished bedroom. "Fei Lan wishes to express her gratitude for your assistance..."

Ru Quan interjected, "It wasn't for free. Take out your valuables."

"..." Fei Lan maintained her composure. She emptied her bag onto the large bed, allowing Ru Quan to appraise the assortment of priceless jewelry and silk.

Ru Quan carefully selected a handful of golden rings and bracelets for himself, leaving the remainder for Bing Shi. "Consider it compensation for your aid," he stated.

"...Thank you," Bing Shi accepted the precious items with a sigh, her focus then turning back to Fei Lan, "Young lady, how about I teach you how to secure your family's legacy? It would be a waste to let all that wealth slip through your fingers."

Fei Lan, shorter in stature compared to Bing Shi, exuded a graceful and aristocratic air, while Bing Shi emanated a sense of maturity and groundedness.

"Impossible..." Fei Lan responded. She had two elder brothers to take over the family. If it weren't for Ru Quan disappearing, she could have continued living in luxury. She watched her disappearing money in grievance. Fortunately, she saved the most expensive items inside her robes.

"Hm..." Bing Shi didn't press the matter further, "Master Hasan will be living in the office room attached to this bedroom. Aside from him, ensure no one is aware of your existence. Take your time to settle in. I'll be retiring now," she yawned, covering her mouth with her right hand, and exited the room. "Good night."

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

Before Bing Shi could close the door, Ru Quan slipped through the opening, leaving the alarmed Fei Lan behind.