5.17 - A Magnificent Swan - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

Bing Shi shook her head, "He didn't." Hooking her hand around Lu Kai's arm, she let him support her up.

"Where are your sneakers?" Lu Kai asked, feeling how she tripped again.

"In my shopping bag," she said, "They don't match my dress." Before exiting the store, Bing Shi sensed an intense gaze. She turned around and stuck her tongue out at Quin Yu.

Lu Kai reached for her neck and redirected Bing Shi's face towards him, giving her ebony eyes a quick, silent stare as if telling her to behave.

Quin Yu tried to recollect Silika Lin's face but was unsuccessful. When she first fell before him, his eyes ventured south to her chest and collarbone, then took a detour down to her ankles and nails. By the time his eyes reached her face, all he managed to see was a fleeting glance at her lips before she fled.

Had Quin Yu been able to see the rest of her face, he might have stumbled upon the unimpressed look that lurked in her eyes, undaunted by his supposedly destructive aura, 'Lu Kai's new sugar baby?

Quin Yu could fully imagine the words that must have gone through her mind as she stuck out her tongue at him!

1. 'Man, no one was trying to seduce you.

2. 'You're not as great as you think you are. So what if I fell in front of you?

3. 'Did it look like I was begging for your legs? Someone is too full of himself, haha.'

Shaking his head internally, Quin Yu hid the bewilderment in his eyes by putting on an emotionless, stone-cold expression. Do not tell him that he was a victim of their prank this whole time!?

Aoi Hong appeared in her new red dress with an open back, accentuating her curves. Noticing the leaving pair, she recognized the familiar white coat, which was now draped around a female silhouette. "Was that your doctor?"

"Who?" Quin Yu turned around and found himself utterly entranced. His breath hitched, and his attention was forcibly yanked away from its wandering path, magnetized by the sheer allure of Aoi Hong's beauty.

The 'ugly' duckling blossomed into a magnificent swan. Her skin was white like snow, ethereal and pure. Her figure was slender. Her pretty face was the shape of a V, along with lips as red as ripe cherry and teeth as white as pristine pearls. Her eyes looked clear and radiant like spring water without her fake eyeglasses.

· · ──────── · ⊱❈⊰· ──────── · ·

"Why did you do that?" Lu Kai asked when they left the boutique, giving his assistant a call.

"He bullied you," answered Bing Shi. Why did Quin Yu look down on good, virgin boys as if being a bad boy was something to be proud of?

"That was in the past," said Lu Kai, "he wouldn't dare to do it again."

"I still don't like how he treated you," said Bing Shi, making her bias clear.

After the call, Lu Kai cleaned his hand with a wet wipe, "It was unnecessary."

"I know. I wanted to test out something, but without Kuro, my view of his face was obstructed, so I had to check it again," Bing Shi looked down at her feet, training her catwalk, "There are still many things you don't know about me."

And here, Lu Kai thought that she was still on her vacation. Using the wet wipe, he opened the door to the black-tinted car for her.

When both seated themselves comfortably, Lu Kai pushed Bing Shi against the backseat. Squeezing her cheeks, he shoved his tongue inside her mouth. His action was rushed, almost at the brim of despair.